Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the winter i pulled off my stock header and gutted my cat because im too cheap to buy a full system. but at the end of last season i was seeing 150 to 160 miles out of a tank. at the start of this season ive been real lucky to get 120 out of it, generally only 100 before my gauge is blinking. my question is did i F up my A/F ratio when i gutted my cat? i have a 2bros slip on and a PC3 should i get a different map? im kind of stumped on it.
p.s i thought it might of been just from sitting but ive put over 5 tank fulls of gas and changed the oil so thats eliminate
p.p.s i think it might be off as well because sometimes my bike feels sluggish so im thinking its either starving or getting to much gas

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I get anywhere from 27-38 depending how i run it. This puts me in the park of 100 miles to 120 miles per tank.
Mods include:

PCIII
Jardine rt-1 slip
Stackmod
BMC Race
-1+2 gears, 520 chain, speedo healer
Pair Blockoff
Heavy Throttle hand.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...need some help guys im burning way to much gas

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can i just adjust my PC3 without taking off just from the buttons on the front? becasue the little light is all the way at the bottom. (not sure if its - or + ) so obviously its not runnin right but how can i fix that?

·
Registered
225 Posts
it could the winter gas too. or i mix of both. i hate winter gas. gives u bad mpg

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive put almost 1000 miles on already soo.. i dont thinks its the gas. im almost positive thats its because i removed the cat. my PC3 shows the little bar all the way to the bottom. can i manually change that without remapping it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sounds funny but in the case where you make your bike louder people tend to ride at higher RPM because you like the sound. Making you open the throttle even further to get that awesome sound. Taking the cat off shouldn't make you run richer thats why you have a EFI to make sure your not. Try going through a tank of gas and try to stay in mid range. Air/Fuel ratios are around 16:1 at mid range or cruising and 12:1 during high end and heavy throttle input. If this doesn't work then take off your PC3 and and do the same, I personally think your mapping is way off and it needs to go on a dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts