Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today was beautiful here, 94 and sunny. went out riding with some of the boys, and my day just went to ****. my buddys new ninja 250R just started dying on him and i had to constantly check my mirrors to make sure he wasnt on the side of the road. well 3rd time was the charm and we had to wait for his mom to come down with a trailer so he could get it home, and then i went on my way. solo.

a friend of mine called and wanted to meet up at the boat launch to go out to the sandbar (on his boat) but i was wearing jeans and needed a swimsuit. so i rode over to a ross store in search of a suit. found one, bought it, went out to the bike and thought *how am i gonna carry this* it wouldnt fit under the rear seat strap, so i figured id try and fold it up and put it under the seat. i put my key in the lock to pop up the rear seat, turned the key, and it broke off in the lock! i was just like WTF?

so now im stuck in the parking lot of ross and i broke my ONLY key i have for my bike. i pushed it over to some shade and went to look for a phonebook (locksmith) only to find all the ones in the area dont do motorcycles. so i called my dealership and they came to pick up the bike on a trailer and all. brought it back to the shop and called their locksmith guy.

good news: the locksmith was able to retrieve the broken piece from the rear lock and said he can make a copy.
bad news: he had no blanks, neither did the dealership. they have to order me TWO blanks and they cant order til tuesday (closed sun. and mon.) they are charging me 10 bucks a piece for the blanks, and the locksmith wants 80 for what hes doing.

just a horrible riding day. /rant

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lol about the 250, naturally we all assume bikes dont just die (unless harley), maybe because it was a kawi. I hate the way they look so i choose to think they build a poor product.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
sounds like a lot of cash for 2 blanks, I usually get them cut for $1 a piece. sucks that the locksmith is raping you too. Id pay him for what he's done so far and take my lil key somewhere else to get a few copies made monday. I wouldnt let some douche rip me off...

·
Registered
281 Posts
damn man sorry to hear that.. I had that happen with my 94 civic hatchback. Lost my only key in the ocean like and idiot. AAA came out and made a key for 150 bux. i know how you feel.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Lol about the 250, naturally we all assume bikes dont just die (unless harley), maybe because it was a kawi. I hate the way they look so i choose to think they build a poor product.
You win the moron of the day award, congratulations!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
^ LOL..... Harsh...

Sorry about the luck sivic, I thought I was going to read about you or a friend going down. Weird how the key broke off though man. Is there something up with the mechanism or did you simply reef on it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts