Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting a custom dyno tune this coming saturday. i was just curious if the baffle on my exhaust would significantly affect performance. I've heard mix opinions. some people say that the baffle didnt affect the horsepower on the dyno charts. i've heard they do. Does anyone have solid evidence if it does affect horsepower or not?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I take it this is on an aftermarket pipe? What year bike?

Changing the pipe can have both positive and negative effects on the HP curve. It can effect both HP and torque curves. If you have an aftermarket pipe it will most likely improve both HP and torque. The custom map will only help as long as it's done right.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this is a baffle on an aftermarket full exhaust. im planning to either dyno tune it with our without the baffle.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
yes this is a baffle on an aftermarket full exhaust. im planning to either dyno tune it with our without the baffle.
If you have plans on riding at a track day leave it in. Most tracks have dB limits and that bike would probably exceed the limits without the baffle. Not to mention the extra attention from the local cops.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok im leaving it in and going to the dyno in an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts