Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throttle side bar end fell off so I ordered new ones..

I couldn't tighten it down all the way because it made my throttle stick. Within three days, it fell off again.

Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting. Just curious but are they the oem bar ends and bolt? I had the same problem until I verified that the weight inside had two rubber stoppers that allowed adjustments. I pulled my weight out a few cm and tightened them up accordingly

·
Registered
276 Posts
i had to use a washer when replacing my grips in between my bar ends and grips... i jammed it back on and tightened the BE down, then cranked it up and it redlined for like 10 seconds hahaha... & i have a full yoshi system. neighbors were pretty livid.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
NSX,

I'm glad you brought that up. I don't know about adjusting them but life is def easier when you pull the weights out to tighten the ends. This way you're not just spinning the weight inside the clipob.

OP,

Its very easy to remove your weight. Peel your grip back and you'll notice two holes on top/ bottom of the bar itself. They should have a little "tooth" pointing away from the bike. When you push them simultaneously, the entire assembly will pull right out. GL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice...I'm gonna work on that today. But first, I'm going ridin..... So today, I will be bar-endless!

Thanks again

Oh... And I'm assuming there's a good story to go behind the cautionary tail of red locktite??

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Many people have good stories about that stuff... all of them involving rounded / broken bolts and studs... typically at an inconvenient time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Figured it out... Not sure about the technical terms though. You can put your bolt in without the bar end on and pull out to give you enough clearance. Then, take out the bolt, put on some blue locktite, and tighten it back down with the bar end. Problem solved....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had this problem a few weeks ago. I lost both bar ends(one brand new one) within a week. At ~$25 just for the end and not including any pieces(rubber washers) that may have fallen out I went with an after market set for the same price as a single end. Added a little flare to the bike. Either way, I wasn't going to drop $65 on bar ends that would probably fall out again.

Even with the after market ends I still had a problem with the throttle sticking. That was solved with 21 cents of washers from the hardware store.

Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts