Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While after getting back from work on my bike I noticed that the bar end on the left side was missing. Last time i checked it, it was loose. No matter how many times I twsited the screw it didnt get any tighter. Any insight on how to fix this? And what's an effective way of putting on new grips.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<While after getting back from work on my bike I noticed that the bar end on the left side was missing. Last time i checked it, it was loose. No matter how many times I twsited the screw it didnt get any tighter. Any insight on how to fix this? And what's an effective way of putting on new grips.>

WTF??? It sounds like you got too much vibration on your left handle bar.

I would wrap teflon tape on the screw before screwing the screw in. You can also use Loctite but I still prefer teflon tape.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The inside nut breaks pretty easily, especially if you've downed the bike. It could start as a fracture and break completely over time, and you'd end up losing the bar end like you did. Just replacing the bar end won't work, you'll need to replace the metal weight/nut that goes inside the bar. You can check the part you need (use a flashlight and look inside your handle to make sure) and order it from somewhere like ronayers.com that has a microfiche. It's not too expensive.

It's also not the end of the world if you ride without it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts