Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my issue. on the throttle side my bar end is always coming loose. its like the screw is stripped but its not cause a few days after i bought it i noticed it. i added shogun ends and i thought it fixed it. but now i wrongly accused a co worker of stealing my end. i have rather large hands being 6'4 so i tried one day keeping my hand far away as possible. no luck it gets loose after a few twists of the throttle. i think the throttle loosens the screw??? i wonder why they didnt make it like a push/snap thing??? pretty stupid.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smacking self on head for forgetting all about locktite lol. and yes i think my grip is flushed up against the end. ill fix er up when i get it back from the shop. thx alot javy!

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
i just lost a bar end because i couldnt tighten all the way... it even made me think that it was stripped as well... when i would tighten it all the way it would make the throttle stick...

but let me ask u..

do u have aftermarket grips...

i ask u this because i replaced the barend but still couldnt tighten it... so i figured the grips were too long for the handlebar and prevents the barend from screwing end all the way.. soo all i did was took a razorblade and shaved the grip just a little bit so it allows the bar end to screw in all the way with out restricting the throttle... problem solved and it still looks normal... nothing out of place...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts