Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I couldn't find a thread relating to my current problem so I decided to start one and hopefully its an easy fix.

1. When i put my bar end on the throttle side and tighten it all the way it is too tight and the throttle grip gets stuck when I turn it (it is supposed to "bounce" back to no throttle once i let go but it just stays at whatever turned position i turn the throttle becuase of the bar end) Why is that? The bar end should be the OEM bar end. I have Rizoma handle bar grips but this issue happened with another set of grips that came with my bike.

2. I lost 1 /2 of my bar ends so I purchased an aftermarket one (the ones that have "RR" on them) and I put it on the left side bar where the clutch lever is. It tightens but once I ride for a long period of time it seems to come loose?

I havea 2004 CBR 600RR.

Please help,

Thanks

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Is your grip pushed all the way onto your throttle tube, Also to keep the left bar end on use a little lock tite that should help,

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Please tell me i'm not the first one to think of "Winning's" Missing Bar End Thread?!?!?!

And OP, Try the blue locktite on the bar end bolts to hold it in place for the left side. And as for the right side, you may have to adjust the various parts on your clippon to the left a little to make room for the bar end to be tightened completely without affecting your throttle.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Please tell me i'm not the first one to think of "Winning's" Missing Bar End Thread?!?!?!

And OP, Try the blue locktite on the bar end bolts to hold it in place for the left side. And as for the right side, you may have to adjust the various parts on your clippon to the left a little to make room for the bar end to be tightened completely without affecting your throttle.

thats the first thing i thought of LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts