Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Today I'm trying to replace my grips got the right side off no problem but now I can get the bar end off my left side. It seems like the bolt is stuck to the tube in the clipon and I can't figure out how to get it to stop spinning inside the clip on, or something. Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Had the same problem. I ended up pulling the entire assembly out and putting it in a vice to unscrew the bar end. Forgot what size open end wrench I used but it just fit over the clip-on but wouldn't slide over the bar end. Just ended up lightly tapping it with a hammer to get it out because I didn't want to use vice grips and scratch up the bar end.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you removed the clipon? I know inside the clipon there is a weighted tube or something inside that the bar end screws into how can I pull the whole thing out?

·
Registered
790 Posts
not the clip on but the bar end and the weighted tube inside. It doesn't take much to slide the entire assembly out of the clip on. Cut the grip off and there should be a small hole that you can insert a small phillips screwdriver ( or whatever will go in it ) to depress the clip that helps hold it in.

·
Black & Blue
161 Posts
If you have an impact gun (Makita) with a #1 Phillips bit it comes out like a piece of cake. Otherwise I use a latex glove to grip the bar end and a screw driver. The glove usually gives me enough grip to overcome the torque of the bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts