Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a stupid topic but i was taking out my bar ends waiting for my new ones to arrive and i noticed that one of the weights had broken off the end.#10

so here is my question. do i absolutely need these? i just ordered the Driven Bar ends and only one of the weight are useable i think so should i pick another one up?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
get another one, thats the piece that takes 99% of the vibration out of the bars.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i don't have that little clip #13 is it a big deal?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
might be, havnt actually taken apart my barends

·
Registered
646 Posts
The clip (#13) is what holds the whole thing in your clip-on. You need it. There are some weights that use a rubber "compression" thing to hold the bar end on, but those don't work as well as OEM weight. As Tenjin already mentioned, the lead weight with rubber isolators is where most of the vibration gets absorbed.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Repeat: yes you need it; yes you need the #13 part if you don't want that weight rattling around inside your clip-on and you'd like the bar-end weight to stay on and not work its way out.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright so i bought some from a member here with everything thats shown.
this may be a dumb question but do i just push them in with the metal collar on there or is there something special i have to do to put them in?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
alright so i bought some from a member here with everything thats shown.
this may be a dumb question but do i just push them in with the metal collar on there or is there something special i have to do to put them in?
Yes. There's a nipple on the inside of the clip-on that hole in the clip captures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts