Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 CBR600RR: I installed Apex adjustable clip-ons after I broke mine from a low side last fall. These bars don't have any end weights. So far, I don't really notice a difference and don't miss them. What will I miss without the weights, and should I get some? If yes, what considerations should I take into account? The bars are just tubular so the weights would have to be an expansion type retention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've always run bar weights on my bikes. Does it make a small difference? I think so. A huge one? Meh, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell. I have Lightech on my Ducati, and Driven on my Honda. Both the expansion type

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I did feel a huge difference on an NC700X I swapped bars on when I didn’t have them on to when I did. I also have noticed a difference when I swapped to heavier or lighter bar ends.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey, question about the risers. Ok, two questions. How much of a pain in the ass is that to install? Looks like you'd have to remove the upper triple tree and??

and also, does anything interfere with the windshield or fairings or? Do cables and wires have to be changed out or moved or?

I don't want a 3" rise but maybe 1 or 1.5"

thanks

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I've used Woodcraft/CFM for about 20 years on different bikes.
2009 CBR current. Woodcraft/CFM with 1.5" risers.

No bar end weights, no vibe problems.

I grip bars lightly, hold position on bike with legs and core......

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, question about the risers. Ok, two questions. How much of a pain in the ass is that to install? Looks like you'd have to remove the upper triple tree and??

and also, does anything interfere with the windshield or fairings or? Do cables and wires have to be changed out or moved or?

I don't want a 3" rise but maybe 1 or 1.5"

thanks
With this (Apex) design, you don't have to remove the upper tree. They are a 2 pc clamp that bolt on. Of course to remove the OEM clip ons, the tree has to come off. Not too bad to install, but not simple. Had to futz with it a lot to gain clearances with everything. I may cut off the excess length in time. It'd clear the tank better offering more adjustability. Gotta figure out how I'm going to do it 1st. I don't really want to take them off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wazoo Which APEX bar risers did you install? On my last CBR 600 I had Helibars (sadly bike stolen) and Helibars no longer makes them for the CBR . I am buying a new CBR 600 but want to raise the bars a bit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wazoo Which APEX bar risers did you install? On my last CBR 600 I had Helibars (sadly bike stolen) and Helibars no longer makes them for the CBR . I am buying a new CBR 600 but want to raise the bars a bit.
See post #1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts