Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my driven d3 grips today. My new bar ends do not fit (can't screw them in). Searched for a thread on but cant find it. Did I buy the wrong kind of bar ends?!? Lol is that possible?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Bar ends are such a pain in the ass to install right man. Go to the hardware store and get a bolt that is longer than the bolt for your bar ends. Take ur bar ends to make sure it fits the opening. Get 2 rubber stoppers, 2 washers, 2 lock washers, 2 nuts. Youre going to have to drill a hole in the middle of the rubber. Make sure the stopper isnt too big to fit the hole in the handlebar. When u thread it all together the rubber stopper will expand and your bar ends will hold firmly in place

Here is the combo

Bar end + bolt - rubber stopper - washer - lock washer - nut.

Get some locktite to make sure it all holds together, the blue stuff is perfect. Thread it all together and hand tighten it till it wont hand tighten anymore and push it in place, tighten till u cant tighten anymore and you are set. Go back after a couple days and double check to make sure nothing has vibrated loose.

I tried everything to get my bar ends to fit right and stay in place, this is the only thing that works for me. Is cheap and easy to do and you will love having ur bar ends back on ur bike! Let me know if this helps

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bar ends are such a pain in the ass to install right man. Go to the hardware store and get a bolt that is longer than the bolt for your bar ends. Take ur bar ends to make sure it fits the opening. Get 2 rubber stoppers, 2 washers, 2 lock washers, 2 nuts. Youre going to have to drill a hole in the middle of the rubber. Make sure the stopper isnt too big to fit the hole in the handlebar. When u thread it all together the rubber stopper will expand and your bar ends will hold firmly in place

Here is the combo

Bar end + bolt - rubber stopper - washer - lock washer - nut.

Get some locktite to make sure it all holds together, the blue stuff is perfect. Thread it all together and hand tighten it till it wont hand tighten anymore and push it in place, tighten till u cant tighten anymore and you are set. Go back after a couple days and double check to make sure nothing has vibrated loose.

I tried everything to get my bar ends to fit right and stay in place, this is the only thing that works for me. Is cheap and easy to do and you will love having ur bar ends back on ur bike! Let me know if this helps
Would it be easier to reinstall the grips since they're backwards? Or just follow what you did?!?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Would it be easier to reinstall the grips since they're backwards? Or just follow what you did?!?

If ur grips were installed right my tip would work. I wasn't sure if u installed ur grips backwards or not (I missed the post where u made that discovery ..lol) so I wanted to share that with u in the off chance that u had done everything right, my tip would help u get ur bar ends in place. If u don't want to go thru the hassle of flipping ur grips, give it a shot... its a super cheap and easy solution. Either that or flip the grips and give it another shot, if the bar ends still don't screw in my post should be sufficient in helping u get those bar ends in place. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts