Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
barend mirrors keep spinning?

hello i bought some bar end mirrors but they keep spinning with the bar end. how can i get the barend to stop spinning i think the hole vibration rod is spinning.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody at all

·
Registered
35 Posts
I fab'd up my own.....Looked up Mountain Bike Mirrors
http://www.mirrycle.com/mountain_mirrycle.php

Next I fabricated a bracket that gets wedged in between my bar end weight and my clipon. I used some 1/8in aluminum I had laying around and punched a hole big enough for the large threaded part to fit cleanly but have it still be pinched between the bar end and the bar. I used my band saw and belt sander to clean it all up and then clamped it to my bench and bent it over and punched the mounting hole for the mirror. The end result looks like this...Remember this is on a 2005 zx10r

Font Side....sorry BlackBerry camera

Back side....

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just a regular bar end and the mirrors can fastend to the barend the way i have it now or they have a adapter to replace the barend. my problem is that my barend is spinning which is causeing my mirrors to move. what i wondering is how to stop the vibration rod from spinning thats whats going on ill try to get some pics. (the rod inside my clip on that the barend threads to)

·
Registered
837 Posts
try a penetrating star washer between the barend and mirror mount, or mabe drill a hole through the mirror mount into barend and use a pin or one of those hex bolts with no head to hold it in place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts