Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got in a wreck a while back, and tried starting it, and it wouldn't crank. then i plugged in the wiring harness to the headlights, and it would crank (i hooked it up to my car), but it wouldn't start.

so now i'm thinking the BAS/lean angle/tip over sensor. How can i just bypass it? I'm not good with wiring, so i need some good information.

Also, where exactly is it?

as you can see, my bike took a good beating .. and there may be a chance it broke off or is broken .. so i'd rather bypass it then get a new one. If anyone could please help. i'd be much appreciative!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
well your BAS is mounted to your headlights, so if those aren't mounted right, then it won't start. you have to short two of the wires together in the plug, basically, the non-green ones. you'd be safer to have it hooked up right, it's there for a reason.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Try resetting it first. Connect the PIN connector and make sure the headlights, front end, and BAS are upright. Then turn the key On, Off, and then back On again without cranking it. Then see if it cranks. Do you hear the fuel pump spin up when you turn the key on? If so, your BAS is fine.

If you took the BAS off the fairing make sure you remounted it upright and not upside down. Normal position is round side on the bottom and the square side is on the top. If that doesn't work connect the White/Black to the Red/White. There's only 3 wires and one is the ground (green). Do not connect either wire to the ground.

How long has the gas sat in the tank?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
you connect the two outside wires on the BAS, If you need a picture PM me your email.

ALSO REMEMBER IF YOU DO SPLICE IT, IF THE BIKE EVER GETS TIP OFF RUNNING TURN IT OFF QUICKLY! THE MOTOR WILL NOT GET ANY OIL ON ITS SIDE.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
AlpineJim said:
you connect the two outside wires on the BAS, If you need a picture PM me your email.

ALSO REMEMBER IF YOU DO SPLICE IT, IF THE BIKE EVER GETS TIP OFF RUNNING TURN IT OFF QUICKLY! THE MOTOR WILL NOT GET ANY OIL ON ITS SIDE.
Good point! I forgot about that. And it's not uncommon for the throttle to get stuck when you crash.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow .. well i put the headlight to around the right area and made sure the sensor was flat, hooked the RR's battary up to my car, and it cranked over once then started right up ... and scared the **** out of me cause it was in gear (wouldn't go into neutral) and the throttle is stuck WOT haha. ya scared me shitless.

it runs though! w0o0t!

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
947 Posts
AlpineJim said:

Not always easy to turn it off quickly if you end up a ways from your bike and unconscious (that has happend to me).

Also the rear wheel and sprockets can still spin. I'm not crazy about losing body parts in chain/sprocket.

For these reasons I personally wouldn't consider bypassing the BAS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts