Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys/gals. I know that we have a lot og GI's out there that have their bikes registered to ride on base. I used to have mine behind the windscreen, until I painted it and you can no longer see through it. So let the ret of us know where you put yours...And maybe give the rest of us an idea. Pics would be even better.

HOOAH

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best idea I've seen is going to walmart and getting a magnetic sheet. Then you put the decals on the sheet and cut it out. Most guys here only put the decals on their bike when they go on base, cause damndirty civilians turn us in for messing around, and if they see the military decals, they call the base on us...

·
Registered
484 Posts
matt-tt said:
Best idea I've seen is going to walmart and getting a magnetic sheet. Then you put the decals on the sheet and cut it out. Most guys here only put the decals on their bike when they go on base, cause damndirty civilians turn us in for messing around, and if they see the military decals, they call the base on us...
Jeez! Those are some vindictive people! All that trouble for someone who disturbed their peace for 0.5 seconds?

Anyway, where would you mount the magnetic sheet on the RR? There's no ferrous metal surface large enough, or am I wrong? (Other bikes have the tank, but we have a plastic tank cover.)

Anyway, if I recall correctly, natecoop affixed his sticker on the swingarm (his screen is also painted).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I put mine on the out side of the wind screen. Low right above the little light, but as to not touch the paint. It doesnt look the best, but it works and I dont have to stop to show them my sticker, Like if it were on the swing arm or somewhere else descrete. If and when I get a new screen I will just cut the decal out and make a mounting bracket for it somewhere, but thats down the line.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yea, georgia tattl-tales blow. sometimes you pull up to the base and the gate gaurd stops you saying he just got a call that you were speeding and swerving on the highway up to the base. It's BS, but a lot of people narc on you down here.
As for where to put the sticker on the RR, thats a good question. I've stil got my TT, and I just slap it on the tank.... :shock:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a friend who rides onto a base in NJ often so she has a sticker. She put it up by the screen like you guys mentioned. I did one better. I removed her reflectors (like many of you have done) and the one on the left fork I took the reflector off the bracket, cut a small plate out of 1/8" thick aluminum the size of the sticker, drilled a few holes, mounted the plate on the bracket and there ya go. When the bike is upright and forks are straight, the MP can see it clearly to let her on base. When it's parked and the forks turned and locked, it's visible but not quite so much.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I have mine still sitting in my trunk. I couldn't bring myself to put them on my bike. When you get it all together it's rather large. But don't ride on base very often.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i actually have my decal on the left fork as you can see in the pic. when the whell is turned, it can barely be seen. when i drove up the guard, they can see it pretty easily, i taped it on the fork and took a few steps back to see if it was visible, just to make sure.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I had an idea a few weeks ago but haven't followed it through. What if we were to get a strip of the Jiffy lube vinyl thingee they stick on your car to remind you of an oil change and put it on that. Stick it to your screen or any part for that matter when you are going to go on base. Then remove it so it doesn't fly off. I don't think MP's will like it b/c they don't want it to be removeable but what they don't know can't hurt us. :twisted:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Is the decal pliable? If the tack of the vinyl is not enough to counter the stiffness of the decal, it might not mold to the curvature of the screen

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
mabbottusmc, it wasn't bad at all. just like everything else, be patient and careful. if the back of your stickers are cut (so it will peel off easier), just peel half of it of and get it set on where you want the decal to be placed and smooth it out. rinse lather and repeat for the rest of the decals. hope this helps.

nate

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is what a buddy of mine and I did with our stickers. First you remove the left front reflector bracket, then remove the reflector. next get some plexi-glass, rivets or small nuts and bolts (we used rivets). Cut the plexi-glass to the approximate size of what your stickers would be all laid (so to speak) out. Line up the plexi-glass to your reflector bracket and drill holes through the plexi-glass such that the rivets or bolts fit snuggly. You may also have to increase the size of the holes in the bracket. Next just attach the plexi-glass to the bracket, apply stickers, attach bracket back to bike. It is really easy and takes about 10-15 minutes. The SP's on my base were actually surprised and thought it was the best idea they have seen. I personally think it is a lot better than attaching them to your forks.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I put mine on the fork but just below the bars on the left side. When I pull up to the gate I just turn the bars to the left and you can clearly see it but unless you knew it was there you wouldn't even notice it. The stickers are so ugly, they need to make smaller ones for bikes that way we can make it more discrete.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts