Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes i leave my bike out there for awhile, like the whole day it doesn't really get that hot here in san diego but i was wondeirng what are the effects of having your bike out there for so long every dya?

·
Registered
736 Posts
i have a black rr and in dallas it gets 100+.. i leave it in the parking lot in the blazing sun. i think after a while the paint will fade and the seat will dry out and start cracking. try to park in the shade it will extend the life of your bike. My bike gets sooo hot that i can barely stand it. sucks real real bad.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you have a dark smoke windscreen, it will start to melt your gauge cluster even if its not that hot, happened a little to mine in 70 degree weather, maybe put a white towel over the cluster

·
Registered
160 Posts
idk but it happened to mine and i read about it on sbn, wasnt too bad but still warped a little, def not cool

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
it seems logical that if you have a dark smoked windscreen that it would keep the components cooler... like if you tint your windows in your car.... doesnt that make sense??? if you're talking about a double bubble, i could see how that might effect it due to the curvature of the screen...

i have a dark smoke puig standard screen and have noticed nothing so far....

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
why would it do that?
The bubble in the screen causes it to burn in direct sunlight. Didn't you ever burn things with a magnifying glass outside? Same idea. Get a cover if you have to park it in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
oops, yeah DB, forgot to throw that in there

·
Registered
333 Posts
happened to my mates 03 with the cluster, lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
i had just taken it in for the 600 mile service, i almost blamed them, haha, glad i didnt, i would have felt dumb

·
Registered
160 Posts
it will work but i would invest in a bike cover, they are pretty cheap, rag could blow off if its windy etc

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
well i put a rag on top of my cluster is that fine?
yeah man. mine got burned a little with the clear double bubble i have. it left a nice melted mark on the cluster. now i just put a white rag on it and it works fine.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
My puig has done this to my 1000RR, in VA sunshine...

the lil curves in the screen at some angles magnify the sunlight.
You have been warned.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts