Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt ride my bike for 3 days and now the bike doesnt start. how long do you have to leave the bike before the battery discharges like that? its practically a brand new battery (3 weeks old)

if it matters, i went over a HUGE pot hole the other day...

·
Registered
830 Posts
probably, but keep in mind if alternator was bad, no charging is done.. your headlight is always on. did you go out for a long ride?. i really think your terminal is lose.. since it's a new install, and you hit a pot hose, it could come lose.. tighten it and let us know if that worked

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took out the battery to charge it and while doing so, the terminals were pretty solid. i mean,they're held in by a screw and bolt so it seems like it would be pretty secure.

any way to see whether or not the alternator is working w/o going to a dealership or service center?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
yes if you perform a load test

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hook up a digital volt meter on the batter posts and set to DC voltage, should read 12.3 or higher says the service manual. then start the bike and watch the voltage, if the alternator is charging the battery you should be able to see the voltage increase on the DVM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts