Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding to work and made a stop to visit a friend and when I was getting ready to leave the bike wouldnt start. I was pissed. I thought I blew a fuse or soemthing. So I got into the fuses and checked they were fine. So I was hoping it wasnt something major. I didnt think about the battery because the bike started fine 30 minutes prior to it dying. Well after checking anything I could check it tried to start it again and wouldnt even crake over. Damn battery. So I had to get a friend to give me a ride to get grab a battery and pay $150.00 for it. Well the stock battery lasted 3 years. And the tool kit that comes with it was great.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Crazy
Your battery did a great job i have seen batteries that have not lasted one year

·
Registered
652 Posts
i just orderd a battery yesterday. should be here tomoro. im pissed. its expensive. and i got a CF hood waiting to be picked up too...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I had no time to research price I had to pay 150.00 no choice I wasnt going to leave my bike on the street.

What trips me out is that it started fine the same morning. And a few hours later it it wouldnt turn over

·
Registered
652 Posts
I said **** honda. got a buddy at a parts store, high performance battery his cost was 150. and somehow i paid 106 :lol

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
did you check the relays?
found that was why my bike would cut off on me

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt check the relays. maybe I should have but this is the first ime it happened and I figured I was due for a battery

K

·
0 Posts
if the fuel pump was priming, even a little bit, you should have bump started it rode it home, charged the battery and saved yourself a ton of cash... 3 years is nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts