Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of my Sport-bike brothers and sisters may have experienced I have had my fair share of battery issues!

Long story short If I did not ride my motorcycle, within 24-48 hours it would be completely dead and I would not be able to start it without jump-starting it.

So, as every college student does who has no many to take it to a shop, we start self diagnosing and researching what could possibly be wrong with the bike.

I came to the conclusion that it was the Stater and Regulator which is what everybody in the forums and in my community was saying when they had battery and charging systems issues.

Long story short, after replacing the stater and regulator myself and buying new tools it still was dying after 24-48 hours.

I bit the bullet and took it to the shop. I cost me $115 for them to perform a "Diagnosis". After it was all said and done they found an old GPS/Alarm system attached to my headlight module that was draining power from the battery while the bike was in the off position.

They snipped the wires and after 7 months and $350 later I do not have any electrical issues with the bike.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thats why you trace the power vs just throwing parts at it. You bought charging parts, they have nothing to do with the battery with the bike off.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Car alarm is known to cause electrical issues. Been through it once and never again will I install another one. Best alarm is full coverage insurance. It does require electronic bill pay though. That will surely cause drainage to your bank but at least not your battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts