1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 09 600rr
i havnt started it in a while
i jumped it today and it died in about 15 mins
what test can i run with a volt meter to find the problem?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
ok so i have a 09 600rr
i havnt started it in a while
i jumped it today and it died in about 15 mins
what test can i run with a volt meter to find the problem?
How long is a while? Your battery could have a bad cell and not be able to hold a charge any longer. Try charging over night, then take a volt reading in the morning with black probe on negative terminal and red probe on positive. Record the reading and let it sit off the charger, then take another later in the day around dinner time. If its lost like 2-4 volts or more my vote is the battery. You can try jump starting it too, and check the voltage while its running. Should be 13.5-14.5, that will show good regulator and stater, so another sign battery can't hold a charge.

Also, there's a ton of info out there on this already, but this should help.

Good luck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i started it and put the volt meter up to it was fluctuating from 13.5 to 12.5 and the lights were flickering and then it died and the volts on the batt dropped all the way down

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
oh i didnt know that

I would either go get your battery tested at an auto store like previously stated (they will most likely tell you to get a new one) or give out a good charge, and then run the tests i stated above. The fluctuation part you mentioned is a little strange to me, but you should definitely charge properly it before proceeding.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Your battery is shot, I just went through a similar problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts