Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

My battery was completly dead and so I went to buy a new one at the local honda dealership...they charged me 144$. That seems like a whole lotta money compared to some of the ones I've been seeing online...it's a YUASA YTZ10S. Is this too much to pay for a battery? Opinions? Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Hey fellas,

My battery was completly dead and so I went to buy a new one at the local honda dealership...they charged me 144$. That seems like a whole lotta money compared to some of the ones I've been seeing online...it's a YUASA YTZ10S. Is this too much to pay for a battery? Opinions? Suggestions?
$90 is more typical for online and smaller mom and pop shops....$100 shipped. If you are buying in stores, $144 is about right after a little markup and tax. No worries.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah...i took it in to the dearler and they tested it and told me it was shot...no suprise though...it's died on me multiple times already...Thanks for the input everyone! I'll shop around see if i can find a cheaper one...a 44$ markup seems a bit extravagent...i'm from oregon too so no sales tax

·
Registered
211 Posts
YTZ10S is the recommended battery size, but it's quite expensive where I am. My battery store of choice told me that a CTX9-BS will work, and it's half the cost. Well, I got it for $57.50, but guess what, it doesn't fit since it is 9mm taller and the seat doesn't go on. Width and length are identical, though.
Being that my bike isn't mint, I opted to make the cheap battery fit by cutting the bottom of the battery box and dropping the support bracket. Let me know if anyone is interested in a more detailed write-up of this modification.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
auto zone was about $10 more than my local stealership and i paid about $119
Screw autozone, They tried to charge me $175 for a battery. I told them I'll keep push starting the bike for that much and guess what I still am, Until tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I live in FL, there are no hills. 3rd is mandatory for me, keeps me from having to run too much and then slamming my nuts into the tank when trying to start it. Made that mistake and tried it in first gear the first night I got my bike. IT basically stopped moving and I thought I was going to cry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts