Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a hot shot move yesterday and left my ignition in the on position while the bike was off... for about an hour. Result: Dead Battery

I tried to push start it and had no luck, it wouldn't even kind of turn over. So I called my Road Side, who came out and jumped me. Started right up, and I left it on for about 15 mins. Parked it, turned it off and tried to start it back up for shi*s and giggles and it didnt start up. (This had happed once before and while sitting and waiting for roadside forever, the bike ended up starting again on it's own.) I let it sit, ignition off of course, overnight hoping it would come back to life, but this morning there is nothing.

It's an 03, and I'm not sure if this is the original battery or not but when I try to start it it just clicks, no turn over and each time it seems to loose a little bit of power.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I was going to purchase a battery just so I know I have a new battery, but do you think charging my current battery is a better solution? I ride it pretty much everyday.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You might have to replace the battery. My 07 died on my last weekend I called hrca and they sent someone out to help and the bike turned on but then died. The battery was completly shot... So 140$ later I have a new battery and everything is fine!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I tried to bump start it... all of the guages were off because the battery was completely dead. Only thing bump starting it did was almost get the guages and things back, wasn't turning over at all. I just went and got a new YTZ10S. It's my commuting vehicle, so I don't want to take chances of the battery dying while I'm at work or something.

Thanks all who replied

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That wont work with a dead battery. ******* fuel injection.
It will work, just not very easy. The stater has to produce enough juice to get everything going. When you pop it, don't pull the clutch back in and expect to rev it, keep the clutch engaged and add throttle to get some speed. The bike will jerk as it runs...dies...runs...dies and so on. It will only work with a good battery that is just dead, not a battery that's junk.

I've only had to do that once... So far.

G

·
It will work, just not very easy. The stater has to produce enough juice to get everything going. When you pop it, don't pull the clutch back in and expect to rev it, keep the clutch engaged and add throttle to get some speed. The bike will jerk as it runs...dies...runs...dies and so on. It will only work with a good battery that is just dead, not a battery that's junk.

I've only had to do that once... So far.
I've never seen it actually work with a dead battery. Power is needed for the fuel pump and with no power, the engine wont get fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts