Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have an 08 RR and I just started having starting problems... The bike really doesn't have many miles on it (1400 miles)...

Anyways... The bike was in a wreck and I put it all back together. I charged the battery and then rode on several occassion totalling up to about 300-400 miles with no problems starting. Then I didn't ride for a month or two and I came back and the bike turned 2 times, and then blanked out. It looked like the battery died. I took out the battery and let it charge. After charging I went and rode again for another few times.

I let the bike sit for about a week, and I hop on and the bike barely cranked but it started. I rode to my buddy's place about 4 miles away and stopped the bike. When I tried starting it again a few minutes later, it cranked 2 times and then died. I had to have my buddy help me push start her. I rode around with him and then went back home. The next day I try starting her and she barely turned but eventually started. I started getting worried because I didn't want to have the ordeal where I would need to fill up for gas and then wouldn't be able to start again... So I took out the battery and let it charge. When I started the bike again after charging, it started with a lot of energy and no problems. I rode for about 10 minutes and go to the gas station to fill up. When I tried starting again, it cranked 2 times and then died...

I'm guessin battery problems... But do you guys think it might be my rectifier or alternator?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Do you have access to a volt meter? You can test whether it is bad with one. Search for battery + load + charge, and you will get your answers. Alternatively, You can take it to an autoparts store and have them test it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Fully charge the battery with it unhooked from the bike. Then wait a day... hook it up and give it a try. If it's weak... then you need a new battery. ( or you can do the load test thing like powermoose1 said)

If the battery works fine... then you may have something unhooked in the charging system.

However, if the bike stays running but only has trouble when yo ugo to start it... chances are the charging is fine but the battery is junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts