Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the bike I just bought (used) is having problems starting. Had it on the Battery Tender... starts fine for a couple of days, then dies after a few. The previous owner decided to leave that little detail out. My fault for not having it checked top to bottom.

Anyway, where are you guys buying your batteries from? Any vendors you've dealt with that you like?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Bought mines from walmart :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Unfortunately NO local store by me sells batteries for my bike, except some Zuki dealership that can order them for ~$130! I took my search online and found some for ~$40. No real brand name, nothing special, it just met the specs I needed. Just search online. eBay's the first stop for ya. Good luck!:banger:

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Go for the king of all batteries pm Browning Buck for one of his 4 cells or 8 cells
batteries you wont look back
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=178059
*ding* saved
Moe I gotta admit, I'm growing quite the bookmarked-pages folder thanks to you. I'm not stalking your posts, sponging up knowledge I SWEAR!!:crackup::crackup::thumbup::angel::crackup::cheers::five::salute::book:

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
*ding* saved
Moe I gotta admit, I'm growing quite the bookmarked-pages folder thanks to you. I'm not stalking your posts, sponging up knowledge I SWEAR!!:crackup::crackup::thumbup::angel::crackup::cheers::five::salute::book:
No worries man glad to share the info and spread the word about
great site vendors that keep on offering us great products accompanied
by top notch customer service :banger:

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Both styles can be charged with a battery tender

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sold... Browning was really cool about helping me troubleshoot the problem. Indeed it's the battery and I'm picking up an 8 cell from him. Thanks all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So the bike I just bought (used) is having problems starting. Had it on the Battery Tender... starts fine for a couple of days, then dies after a few. The previous owner decided to leave that little detail out. My fault for not having it checked top to bottom.

Anyway, where are you guys buying your batteries from? Any vendors you've dealt with that you like?

Thanks.
Crazy world we live in. EXACT same situation I was faced w/ June 1st.

The battery wouldn't hold a charge. I went online to BatteriesPlus and put in my make and model information. Found a local dealer and called to see if they had what replaced my "YTZ10S". Picked it up for ~ $75.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spent about 130 bucks on a new one last May from Cycle World. Dumb mistake. Great battery, just no need to spend that much. I did get some redemption though,I did no maintenance or storage care of any type over the winter and the battery gave me no crap at all come time to start her up this spring.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Both styles can be charged with a battery tender
I don't think you are supposed to use a battery tender on these.
When I got mine, I am pretty sure the instructions said not to use a battery tender. Something about they don't put out enough amps...

This is taken from BrowningBuck's website:

"How you winterize these batteries?
- use supplied quick disconnect to remove fromt he bike and store in a cool dry place, plug it back in when you are ready to ride again, no battery tender needed (nor should be used)"

http://www.motydesign.com/Battery.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think you are supposed to use a battery tender on these.
When I got mine, I am pretty sure the instructions said not to use a battery tender. Something about they don't put out enough amps...

This is taken from BrowningBuck's website:

"How you winterize these batteries?
- use supplied quick disconnect to remove fromt he bike and store in a cool dry place, plug it back in when you are ready to ride again, no battery tender needed (nor should be used)"

http://www.motydesign.com/Battery.html
He said you could use a Batter Tender PLUS... which I don't have. I just have the basic one. So I'll be following the other instructions of disconnecting and storing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts