Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to mess up the battery if kept on the tender for to long?
thanks!

ps. Disco did you forget about my pms again? hahaha no rush if your busy just wondering

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Is it possible to mess up the battery if kept on the tender for to long?
thanks!

ps. Disco did you forget about my pms again? hahaha no rush if your busy just wondering

no, the tender is designed for extended battery maintenance.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Depends on the tender. Make sure you get a quality unit. The Optimate 3 has never failed me. It floats when the battery is fully charged so no worries to leave it plugged in all winter.

·
Registered
184 Posts
On an auto detailing forum that I frequent, there have been cases of battery tenders shorting out and causing fires. This could lead to huge costs in damages so make sure to monitor your battery tenders and inspect all the wiring. If there are any frays in the wires, I would replace the unit. But if you are up for it, repair it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just get a quality unit and you should be fine. Make sure it shuts off when the battery is full.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On an auto detailing forum that I frequent, there have been cases of battery tenders shorting out and causing fires. This could lead to huge costs in damages so make sure to monitor your battery tenders and inspect all the wiring. If there are any frays in the wires, I would replace the unit. But if you are up for it, repair it.
Do you know what brand that was?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
^Probably a Toyota charger. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Im pretty sure that the one we got is good enough. Its got that feature built in that prevents the battery from over charging or something.. kinda like a float mode..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts