Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I read the other posts about a bunch of 07's having garbage batteries. I took my battery to the dealer that sold me the bike and they said the battery was fine. They are kinda arrogant SOB's that try and make it look like you don't know what you are talking about. I bounced out before that counter guy lost some teeth. I charged the battery to 100% and it worked fine for a while. But it has left me stranded 2 or 3 times. I hear the fuel injection kick on but its real weak. That's how I know I'm about to be stuck. I really don't want to go back to them, but that's where I bought the bike and where my warranty is from. I should probably just get a new battery to begin with right?? oops, sorry, 2007 CBR 600 No add ons

·
Registered
71 Posts
i Think if you bought the bike new, you can go to any Honda dealer. I would have the dealer replace the battery, If they are being stupid with, tell your dealer you want to talk to a Honda Rep, you can also call honda and ask to speak to the rep for your area.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you charge the Batt. and it runs a few days then shuts off... then your charging system is not charging the batt.

Take the whole bike in and tell them... "I charged the battery to 100% and it worked fine for a while. " They should know what to do from there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just buy a new battery from cycle gear it comes with lifetime warranty. I just ordered one. If you look in the warranty book it stated batteries are not under warranty. I can send u a picture.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yup, Honda will not cover the battery past one year I believe. We have a fancy tool that Honda made us buy that test them, its more than just the %charge that will determine if its a good battery. Every Honda dealership should have them, they can even print out the health status. The tool itself is a Midtronics Battery Tester. I personally have not seen one come back that was bad.. not saying it can not happen.

Nick Lefurgey
www.peakhonda.com

·
Registered
310 Posts
FYI, OEM battery through Honda is $145.99 MSRP now, but I'm sure someone will cut you a deal on it. Stick with the YUASA, the Firepowers and other brands simply do not last as long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I wasn't trying to get the dealership to pay for a new battery. I know that's not covered in the warranty. I'm just trying to get my damn bike fixed. These dealer dudes are just a-holes, so I want to make sure I know what the hell I'm talking about before I go back in there. I didn't buy the bike new. It had like 2000 miles on it but I got the extended warranty through the dealer. Can I still take it to any Honda dealer?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Reg/Rectifier might be bad - KnightSlugger had a post up some time ago about the pin out on the stator for resistances as well - but I'd bet the rectifier isn't charging the battery at all times - check the wires

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Hmmm. I think I might have had the same problem only I committed the sin of not disconnecting my battery while not riding the bike for 2-3 weeks. I did the same as impalajay and charged the old one for a few hours (I know it should've been at least 10 on a trickle charger) and it started up a little weak but I was able to ride out this past weekend. I tried to start it today and it started clicking sound. I just changed my OEM battery today with a Yuasa and it started like a champ. Keep us posted. Maybe Honda will do a recall on the Reg/Rectifier the others were talking about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm taking the bike in on Saturday. I will let you guys know what they say. I appreciate all the input. Thanks Homies....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
not just the 07s. my 06 battery died on me last year. almost died on me in the twisties on the back country roads. was weird, i couldnt get past 4ks. i know for sure i was doing about 8-10 cause it was moving but my tach topped at 4k? i stopped got in neutral, reved and it went past. i then stopped to get a drink, started it, click click dead. then i knew my batt. was dead. luckily there was an autozone who charged me up to get home, put it on the battery tender 24 hours and fired up ever since. i had some work done at the dealer, i think he left my ignition on too long.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
not just the 07s. my 06 battery died on me last year. almost died on me in the twisties on the back country roads. was weird, i couldnt get past 4ks. i know for sure i was doing about 8-10 cause it was moving but my tach topped at 4k? i stopped got in neutral, reved and it went past. i then stopped to get a drink, started it, click click dead. then i knew my batt. was dead. luckily there was an autozone who charged me up to get home, put it on the battery tender 24 hours and fired up ever since. i had some work done at the dealer, i think he left my ignition on too long.
At least yours is keeping a charge. I charged my overnight a couple of times and it seems like it's not holding its charge long enough. I ended up buying a new battery hoping that the old battery was just toast. I hope nothing's wrong with my bike. At least I'm still under warranty.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If your battery dies while riding... then the charging system is not working. Autozone may have charged you back up and got you going but it will die again unless you fix the problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts