Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely going to get Modern Warfare 3. Modern Warfare 1 was the first of the Call of Duty series I played. I'm big fan of it. How would you compare it to Battle Field 3. I also liked Crysis from EA. Is the game play similar Crysis?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ive only played the first BF. And joined cod at mw2.

Im picking up both asap.

You can fly freaking jets in BF 3 :crackup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have to agree both are awesome and the shear fact that you can fly jets and drive tanks is a sellers to, though Im a mwf guy so Ill be getting the mwf3 system and killing some bitches after I get back from Dubai because Ill be here when it comes out ARGGGHH

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I like the battlefield series a lot more, there is more to it and the graphics and gameplay are better in my opinion. MW1 and MW2 were both good but I wish that they wouldn't recycle the same graphics and all that for MW3. I still might get MW3 to continue the story because the stories are awesome. But BF 3 should be on my tv in a couple hours YES!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I preordered MW3. I never liked army games until my buddies bullied me into playing MW2 and i got hooked. Black ops' game play was better, but the graphics were a step down. Infinity Ward is behind MW3 so i'm sure its gonna look sleek and sexy. I never play the campaigns, i just play the online multiplayer

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
^ only problem is the infinity ward that made mw2 isnt the sane infinity ward making mw3. One of their top dudes was fired, so he left with other employees and made another company. The name slips my mind though.

Still picking it up haha. I was thinking about my first klutch today at work, so stoked.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have played a lot of both franchises. IMO BF3 is where it's at. I won't be picking up a copy of MW3 or whatever the latest is. Game fatigue with that title. I can't afford to buy both titles this year with so many other good games coming out.

Battlefield appeals to me because:
  • It has vehicles. Tanks, ATVs, trucks, helicopters, and now jets.
  • Destructive environments. You can bring down buildings. This is fun.
  • Squad-based combat (a matter of personal preference)
  • Different character classes
  • Bigger maps
  • Better physics engine - railgun physics in MW is lame in the extreme. Sniping is wayyyy harder in BF, but when you do headshot some fool from across the map by lobbing that bullet in like an artillery shell it is totally rad2themax.
  • Superior weapon balance
  • Helicopters. And also tanks. If you didn't shoot down a chopper in BFBC2 at some point then you missed out. One man's opinion.
see you out there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have played a lot of both franchises. IMO BF3 is where it's at. I won't be picking up a copy of MW3 or whatever the latest is. Game fatigue with that title.
I agree wholeheartedly. I haven't played a BF title since BF2, but I loved that game, and still do. On the opposite end, I got started in the CoD series at the first Modern Warfare. Loved it. Picked up MW2, and still enjoyed it a lot, but not as much. Picked up Black Ops, and enjoy it less than MW, but more than MW2... I won't be picking up MW3 unless I hear fantastic things about it, and I end up disappointed with BF3. Needless to say, I doubt I'll ever buy MW3, but it's possible. Will definitely buy BF3 though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
call of duty 4 is the best followed by mw2 due to game-play. waw and black ops were lame; not even the same type of cod as the infinity ward games. battlefield is cool cause of what you can do in game-play but the actual fps part of it kinda sucks. mw3 should be close to as good as the other mw's... hopefully

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If you want to lay down some major team dominating and bend some random kids over, add my xbox gt haha. In bf3 or mw3

Cbr noceilings

·
Registered
532 Posts
Bf3 is amazing, I played cod since 4. 4 and mw2 was good however black ops killed it for me. I don't think mw3 is going to live up to the hype. After all they are using the same engine.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
817 Posts
Been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein... I'm still primarily a PC gamer so take this for what its worth in your eyes, but I've played all the CoD's (Infinity Ward and Activision) as well as every Battlfield, though I have to say the first of both series are absolutely nothing compared.

Concepts, CoD is a run and gun game, yes they throw in some fun cutscenes to give you that element of more, but the game is run and gun.

BF involves commanders (though not in the latest installment) squads, organized structure tactics etc... but that's not for everyone. Personally, if I didn't have TeamSpeak and the ability to verbally organize with my clan mates then I don't know if would be near as fun.

As for gameplay, graphics and the like... BF3 (on PC) is f-in AWESOME... pure and simple. I'll most likely get MW3 because most of my clan friends will get it so I'll jump in with them, but I'm not nearly as excited about its release.

Mort

·
Registered
402 Posts
im on the fence about BF3...im a huge fan of MW series...was goin to get both but as BF3 neared i thought that if i liked one over another and didnt play one what a waste of $...i dont know...im gonna pick up MW3 and pray that its goin to live up to the hype!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts