Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this device? It's a timing retard calibrator. I was just reading a claimed 4-7HP increase on our 600rr's. I've never heard of such a thing so thought I would find somebody that knows about this. For less than $150 such a claim seems like it would come with some kind of consequence! Anyone?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I am pretty sure it is only for the 2009 model which lost 4-7 HP due to newer noise/emission regulations

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I think you are right, I looked one up and it does list only the 09-10 rr's. That's an insane amount of hp loss over the 07's, too bad it couldn't work on mine. I could probably use that little extra at the track!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Oh I think you are right, I looked one up and it does list only the 09-10 rr's. That's an insane amount of hp loss over the 07's, too bad it couldn't work on mine. I could probably use that little extra at the track!
With a Bazaaz FI or Power Commander and a professional tune, you could get 1-3hp with just your slipon. (The tune will cost you though, and must be done to program the FI part correctly.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
For the Fireblade

The retard eliminator is for the CBR1000RR. Several litre bikes have reduced power in the lowest gears.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Opodden, that's an impressive mod list! How about some pics of that track monster!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have my engine retard thru power commander its 09-10 models only. got it dynoed before and after the dyno afterr installed and had a increase of +6.5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts