Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So im thinking of getting the fuel controller and self-mapper soon. I've read a bit about how it all works so im going to try and simplify it. Please correct me if/where I am wrong.

1. Install ZFI and ZAFM modules.
2. Connect ZAFM to laptop and start logging.
3. Go for a decent ride through the twisties/backroads that you love.
4. Arrive home and hookup the laptop again. The software will recommend changes which are needed to arrive at your chosen AFM. You accept these changes and save.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 a few more times. Each time your map will get better as the software makes small adjustments.

Have I got it pretty much worked out?
Is there anything im missing?

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,642 Posts
if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust with a lamda sensor bung, you will need to purchase the bung and then take your exhaust to a machine shop or welder and have them cut a hole and weld the bung on for you. A lot of after market exhaust have the bungs welded in already. I think some CA bikes have o2 sensors so I'm not sure if you can use that bung or not.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have an 08 600rr and the exhaust didn't have a bung nor O2 sensor. I installed a Leo (that does have a bung and plug) system so I have seen the whole stock exhaust. It is a CA bike but also didn't have the purge canister.
On a different bike I owned I had bungs welded on by a local muffer shop for 20-30 dollars, I don't recall exactly how much. They said they do it all the time. They were concerned about the material of the pipes. SS and Titanium require different equipment to weld properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually just had the bung installed on my bike. I have a Yoshimura full system with the ss head pipes and carbon muffler. I installed it on the left side of the header pipe just before where the headers hook into the collector on my '08 cbr600rr. You need to put it on the upper half of the pipe so that condensation does not collect on the end of the sensor.

The bung costs about $50-$60 from Bazzaz and can be bought from any Tucker Rocky dealer (PN: 12-7064 for ss and PN: 12-7065 for ti). Installation shouldn't be too expensive. As was said before, you need to take it somewhere that can weld stainless or titanium as it takes special equipment and knowledge.

Anyways, hope this helps a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.