Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my best friend hit a curb and bent his rim and we are currently in the hunt for a front and rear rim for his 08 (if you have one let me know).
He is all sketchy about buying rims because someone told him that the bearings are hard to match up if you don't get the original ones with the rim. Anyone know of any truth to this malarkey?
His friends ride Kawis so i told him that was a bunch of Ninja Crrrap.

·
Banned
280 Posts
If the bike were a custom made machine then maybe but all these bike come off of a production line that are built to specific standards .. so unless the bike had a bad bearing and it ate up the journal, but even then you should be able to use a meter and be able to purchase some..

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I had the rear wheel but you never got back with me i just sold it this Saturday for 250.00

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the rear wheel but you never got back with me i just sold it this Saturday for 250.00
Yeah i forwarded it to him but he never mentioned it, he is one of those guys who thinks he can get away with finding one for 100 bucks or something.

I think it's awesome that you used the word "malarky".
Yeah i had a 7th grade teacher that loved that word so i had to work it in.:crackup:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Yeah i forwarded it to him but he never mentioned it, he is one of those guys who thinks he can get away with finding one for 100 bucks or something.

Its ok man you did your part :shakehand

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
have you thought about taking it in to a rim shop? maybe they can reshape it for you for half the price of a new set of rims? just make sure they know what they are doing and dont start banging on them with a rubber hammer. if they know their shyt they will heat it up to manipulate the aluminum.

·
Registered
773 Posts
you should just be able to buy replacement bearings ... and i dont see why nay mom and pop shop couldnt put them in for you...

·
Banned
280 Posts
I got quoted on my front rim at 120 from a shop in denver that specializes in motorcycle rim repair....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts