Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently separated from the US Air Force, had some great job prospects that fell through soon thereafter and left me sort of high and dry. Combine that with a pregnant (due in August) wife and a severe lack of fundage, you get a pretty nasty depression. My bike has sat in the garage for about the last two months.

Today I decided to dust her off and take to the streets, first to shake off this lingering funk, and secondly to putz around town and see if there's some part-time work I can do to help my wife pay the bills and such while we continue searching for a more suitable job for me. The following sentence sums it all up:

What a nice day today has been.

I don't know, but somehow getting back into the saddle, revving that engine up and feeling her roar has been theraputic on a level I had not before imagined. I found myself praying for a lottery win just so I can hit Barber Motorsports in Birmingham or Jennings GP in Florida sometime before the season is over. I really had lost a lot of touch with why I love this sport and why I love my baby. Glad I managed to shake out of it today.

Sorry if this is sort of random, but I needed to share. :)

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
coming back to riding after a break always has a great feeling

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
why would you leave the air force?!?!!? hell i get out of the marines next week and would LOVE to join the air force!!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thats the one reason I wont leave the coast guard. With out the "MANs" money every 2 weeks. I wouldn't be able to keep my all my new toys. Me and the REPO man would be on first name terms. Its good you took the plunge and got out though. Good luck with the job hunt.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Hey buddy, PM me if you are interested in some faithful prayer!

Either way, I pray that you find a good job soon that will help support your family! My heart goes out. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts