Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like wtf? My bike is like a bee magnet. Everywhere i go there are bees buzzing around my handlebars and dash. I first though it was pollen or something like that so i cleaned it really really well. Even with that, everywhere i go(almost literally now) there is a bee or two circling my bike handlebars and i have to have an epic battle royal to get them away so i can get on and ride off into the sunset. Anyone ever have this problem lol? Literally everytime i get out of college/get done eating/or walk outside to my bike there is usually a couple bees around it.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Bees in the trap, err whatever the f*** that trick is rapping bout.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't be complaining if "bees" we're attracted to my bike. If you catch my drift ;)
If women are what you are referring to, then i would agree with you sir =).

BUT MOFO BIG STINGING FURRY LITTLE FLYING CRITTERS are another thing. If one stings me while im getting on my bike, im going to drive a freaking basketball through their nest(then probably get stung 100 times).

But seriously, does anyone have any clue as to why this is? My friends have noticed it also.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rage much Donny??? Haha
Yes, my friend Todd(cbr1000) pointed it out today and im at schlozkies(<- how do you spell that?) on my iphone with his help making this post XD. But seriously, we went outside to grab the keys out of his bike and there were 3 bees around it. I saw you register on here couldnt remember what name to send you a friend request. But yes, they are very very annoying. I think he just figurered out what it was though, i have a bright orange parking sticker i velcored onto the handlebars. I guess they are attracted to it?

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
OP, this have also happened to me, there was a bee also with my bike this summer, and i got used to it and just stayed calm , they wont hurt you. please dont swing at them or piss them off or kill em. just be calm and ride away, they play a big part in this world.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
thats funny because my friend just said "at least its not hornets". How in the world did you come across that video?
I searched YouTube for "bees on a motorcycle" and got this, which I think a lot of us have already seen:

The vid above was in one of the links to the right and I started watching it. Fascinating stuff!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I searched YouTube for "bees on a motorcycle" and got this, which I think a lot of us have already seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkASwN4-No

The vid above was in one of the links to the right and I started watching it. Fascinating stuff!
Quite interesting what you can find with related videos(sometimes goes too far). Dang though, never saw that video with the helmet. I suppose ill count my blessings now and hope that never happens. I dont like bees =(.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
OP, this have also happened to me, there was a bee also with my bike this summer, and i got used to it and just stayed calm , they wont hurt you. please dont swing at them or piss them off or kill em. just be calm and ride away, they play a big part in this world.
agreed but wasps are bastards, kill them! I had one drop down the back of my neck one day on the bike, little SOB stung me 4 times down the spine, I was half naked at the side of the road in 10 seconds kicking the $hit out of my jacket, I found the f**ker though

I got some great looks from passing traffic

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
agreed but wasps are bastards, kill them! I had one drop down the back of my neck one day on the bike, little SOB stung me 4 times down the spine, I was half naked at the side of the road in 10 seconds kicking the $hit out of my jacket, I found the f**ker though

I got some great looks from passing traffic
I hope thats somewhere on youtube.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i have a bright yellow bike...so ya, bee's you just kinda deal with them being there. i do what Nutty said, just get on easy and drive away, they don't hurt you. although i will step on one or two if need be

·
Registered
323 Posts
The bees love the smell of the wax and cleaners I use lol.
So that could be the reason why they like your bike as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts