Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so what would be the first step to getting on the track? Given having a set of leathers and a bike.

Would track school be the first thing to do? Or just go straight for the track?

Basically, I want to know what I have to do to get started. Mods, upgrades, safety, etc. Everything!

I'm very interested in getting into it over the summer. So all your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Track school is mandatory with my club. Check with each organization.

It is probably the best idea anyway. They give you some pointers and show you the around the track.

If it saves your life or bike just once, it is probably worth it! :cool:

H

·
0 Posts
BackStreet,

I am from jersey also....do you have any track school suggestions...any pricing informaiton...thanx

·
Registered
919 Posts
aren, Hey you are local to a bunch of us. All trackday require you to take the new riders school. There are plenty in the socal area, so just have to find one that is convenient for you. MRI is putting on trackdays all the time check out teh MRI website and or give Nick a call. PM me or him for more advice.

·
Registered
318 Posts
RRpilot-
i would like to go to the track day that is held by MRI. I never been on the track so do I have to take the new riders school? If so where do I get more info on the new riders school??

·
Registered
286 Posts
i just signed up with nick for the may 31st trackday @ big willow, he didnt mention anything about begginers riding school. am i missing something, will have to pm nick with this question.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hypercycle is the track organizer for the May 31st event, and this is what there faq says;

Is there any first time instruction at Hyperclub track days?

Yes, in fact, Hyperclub instructors will take All riders on a two lap parade showing riders the lines and proper entering/exiting procedures
We are also always available for any questions you may have including going on the track with you - one on one and helping you as much as we can
Minimalist for sure, but they do have a begginners group. You can always go to a bigger club / school for more formal instruction if you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts