Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know it's going to happen sooner or later and i see plenty of posts about being pulled over. Now i know with driving a car proper edicate is pull over to the side, turn on your interior lights if it's dark, dont make any movements, look forward with your hands on the steering wheel. if the cop asks for information, inform the cop of where your information ( glovebox for your insurance info)

now if im on my bike and get pulled over, what is proper edicate. i dont wanna be shot by a scared lil ****... cops near where i work are :bootyshak

·
Registered
805 Posts
pulling off the road is a big enough concern, the kickstand will sink into most gravel or dirt on the side of the road, so make sure you have good footing. turn the bike off, pull out the key, hold it up with your right hand as you dismount, put it on the seat, take your helmet off, and wait for him to ask for the papers.

inform him you have a tube of astroglide in the trunk for smooth operation of his baton.

I want to know what you tell the officer if you have a gun in the back under the seat

·
Registered
33 Posts
shut bike off,helmet off,stay on your bike ,try to relax...don't argue on the spot and take it to court!
Same things he said, but I would probably change a few. To get more specific, I would take the keys out of the ignition, and I would probably get off of the bike and stand next to it or whatever, so he knows you're not going to try and run. Don't know if that would be right, that's just what I would probably do. Just make it easy on yourself and don't give them a reason to pull you over!

·
Registered
208 Posts
First off. All police that pull you over for miniscule issues are gay. Most traffic cops are gay.

Its all gonna depend on what faggot pulls you over.

One guy might like it if you dismount and take your helmet off.

Another guy might say, Why the **** are you taking off your helmet, i never said that.

It can go on and on dude.

Just make sure you start off the conversation by calling them a faggot and if he tries anything stupid.. just hit him and drive the f off. Make sure you got leet riding skills so you can escape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive been pulled over a few times and this is what I've always done.

Turn bike off, Take key out and drop the key on the ground, Take helmet off. Once the cop approaches me I then tell him that my paper work is under the back seat and then go from there.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ive been pulled over enough times to say they get a little antsie if you get off b4 they tell ya too or ask for papers,

shut the bike off and wait for further instructions!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I didn't want to say drop the key bc some guys have pretty little key chains attached.

same thing for a car, they say to put it on the roof. well I don't want to scratch my paint everytime, so I drop it out the window and put my hands out the window.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you do get off the worst thing you could do is approach the officer, let him come to you. And DONT TOUCH YOUR POCKETS! I pull the keys and hold them up with one hand, so theres no doubt in his mind. Even if what he pulled you for was petty ********, don't get an attitude just stay calm. I've had them cut me loose with nothing after watching me go 0-90 (yea I know it was stupid, it was 4am the road was empty) in a 35, just kept cool and did everything he asked.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I never take the key out, and a cop has never mentioned it. **** that. Take your helmet off and stay on the bike. Depending where your documents are, wait until the cop comes up to you before explaining to him where they are and what you're reaching for. Then just the usual yes sir no sir etc.

So far the best result following the above is getting an "unclear plate" ticket for being pulled over doing 100+ while passing on a double yellow with a couple other guys.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
ive been pulled over enough times to say they get a little antsie if you get off b4 they tell ya too or ask for papers,

shut the bike off and wait for further instructions!

what he said...

another thing, dont argue with the cop, just get your ticket and leave....argue in court, where it counts. you dont want him to remember you when the time comes to duke it out in front of a judge.

·
Registered
108 Posts
shut bike off,helmet off,stay on your bike ,try to relax...don't argue on the spot and take it to court!
+1 for that....and don't argue b/c if you got it he/she is not taking it back.....sometimes they write a bs ticket so they can the OT by going to court.

Happened to me last year, my first and only time being pulled over on a bike in 19 yrs of riding them. I left with a following to closely ticket (BS). In the details the leo wrote I admitted to driving 45 in a 35 (BS) and was within 3 ft of rear bumper while revving (BS).

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
just pull over, do what he says... turn it off when he tells you to.

my dad got out of a ticket in his mercades for passing on a double yellow, when he passed the first car coming at him was a cop LMAO i saw the fear in his eye for one of the few times lol... the cop pulled him over and he started clipping his nails lmao.. acting all tuff and he got a unwritten warning

·
Registered
19 Posts
MSF school says, to move very deliberately. Park bike. Turn off. Remove key and place on your seat where it is visible. Remove helmet & stand quietly waiting to greet the LEO with respect & politeness.

Main idea is to demonstrate you are not going to run. You are going to cooperate. You are respectful & polite. LEOs are human beings. They respond best to the same things we all do. Respect. Politeness. Being honest.

Has worked for me for 50 yrs.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
First off. All police that pull you over for miniscule issues are gay. Most traffic cops are gay.

Its all gonna depend on what faggot pulls you over.

One guy might like it if you dismount and take your helmet off.

Another guy might say, Why the **** are you taking off your helmet, i never said that.

It can go on and on dude.

Just make sure you start off the conversation by calling them a faggot and if he tries anything stupid.. just hit him and drive the f off. Make sure you got leet riding skills so you can escape.

really douchebag. please please please come to san antonio and let me pull you over and start our little conversation like that.
i have never given a bike a ticket but its always based on atitude. one like yours and you will be lucky i dont find so much wrong that your bike gets towed.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts