Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for some opinions and experiences with the new Bell Star helmets

While searching for a new helmet line to carry, we came across the new Bell Stars.
A Bell representative brought over some of the new Bell Star helmets for us to check out.
The style, quality, fit and finish look pretty good. The ventilation looks good and the shape is supposed to be very stable at speed. The product support seems top notch.

We are now thinking of ordering a batch for stock to try out.

From some of the reviews that I have read, it seems there are a lot of people that like them. They say the visor is the easy to replace. The helmet is stable at high speeds. It comes with a very nice bag too.

Does anyone have any long term experience with the new Bell Star helmets?

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
I've heard great things about them and would love to try one out. My only problem is that their price is right up there with mainstream competitors (Shoei, Arai, Suomy, etc.).

As much as I like the look, sound and reviews on the helmet, I'd be hard pressed to not buy one of Shoei's new helmets over this one.

Not sure why they thought it would be a good idea going from $20 Walmart helmets to a marketable $500+ racing helmet.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bell was one of the top helmets in the 70's--then they went down hill and went after the lower end of the market.

They are now owned by Easton and have a new design team. Unfortunately the have a minimum advertised price so everyone sees the MSRP only.

The guys at the shop are ordering a few for them selves:

We were thinking of picking up the line because the quality and features are very good. We might do a group buy on these because that would be the only way to come up with a corrected price with out violating terms of the dealership.

-M

·
Registered
389 Posts
I work for Easton in the engineering department (different division from Easton-Bell).

I can tell you a TON of work went into this helmet, and it is right up there with Arai and Shoei in terms of fit, finish, material quality and safety- if it fits you. Like any other helmet, fit is super important.

This is a super high end lid, no doubt about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.