Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just wanted to give a bid congrats to Ben Spies aka Elbowz for closing out the season and taking this years AMA Superbike championship! A well deserved accomplishment for him and his crew! I look forward to next season esp w/ Tommygun joining the big-dawgs!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
wow, now the gixxers boys will never stop talking sh!yt, lol.
Not you dude, the other ones, you know em too.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snikwad said:
wow, now the gixxers boys will never stop talking sh!yt, lol.
Not you dude, the other ones, you know em too.
Bwahahahahahahhahahaaaaaa!!! FUNNY!!! I know them Gixxer boys! lmao!

But yeah...I'm happy that Mladin didn't win this year. Don't get me wrong, I respect him and his crew but he could've and should taken a bigger step into the next league. But I'm even more happy that they kid Spies is the one that knocked him off! The kid is VERY talented and he has a bright future ahead!

·
19,904 Posts
mmm, i dont follow AMA that much, they need to start putting thier sh!t on DVD or ona website or something man, whats up with the cave man sh!t, its 2006. wtf. Not all of us get to watch Speed TV all the time.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snikwad said:
mmm, i dont follow AMA that much, they need to start putting thier sh!t on DVD or ona website or something man, whats up with the cave man sh!t, its 2006. wtf. Not all of us get to watch Speed TV all the time.
They have the AMA reviews on DVD, just like MotoGP, WSBK, and Isle of Man TT. I just think the musical score sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!

·
19,904 Posts
what, where do u buy em at? ive never seen em

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snikwad said:
what, where do u buy em at? ive never seen em
A local stealership has them around my way. Try doing a search online or check www.amasuperbike.com Obviously, the 06 review isn't out yet, but it will be soon! Cheers!...O

·
19,904 Posts
word word, ill def, go looking, since im still trying to get TT 06.

·
19,904 Posts
yeah i normally go there weekly when im back in the states, theres one like 20 mins from me.
i cant find that sucka at anystore online that i normally shop at. i dont want my credit card info in too many places. im trying to cut down on that sh1t.
Ill PM nick and ask him.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wasn't all that impressed with Spies in the stock 600 class. I dunno if that's just his bike or what. But in Superbike he was walking away from everyone else.

Why did he re-sign with the AMA and not look for a GP ride? If he's that fast there had to be some GP teams interested in him.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SilverSurfer said:
I wasn't all that impressed with Spies in the stock 600 class. I dunno if that's just his bike or what. But in Superbike he was walking away from everyone else.

Why did he re-sign with the AMA and not look for a GP ride? If he's that fast there had to be some GP teams interested in him.
As for the 600 clas...yes, he was not as impressive. Maybe it was the bik, but it's probably from his preference as well. I remember that he didn't want to be in the 600 class but Kevin Schwantz highly recommended it to develop help develop his skills as a rider in general.

As for him re-signing w/ Yoshimura Suzuki, I believe it was done still some-what early in the season, so maybe that had something to do w/ it. Or maybe he knows that he is talented but still has much to learn. Nonetheless....I back his decision and I'm sure everything will work out for him.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
didnt he say he doesnt like flying, thats why he doesnt wanna do GP?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yoshi Suzuki has got to be the best team in the history of AMA Superbike. The GSXR 750/1000
has dominated the last 10 years or so.

i wish someone would beat Yoshi Suzuki. Maybe Yamaha could do it if they raced superbike. apparently the CBR1000, ZX-10, and 999 are incapable of beating the GSXR 1000.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
I remember when RRW featured him as an "Young Gun" up and coming rider. Glad to see he got it done. Hopefully he finds his way to the WSBK or GP level some day!

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
skittzo said:
Yoshi Suzuki has got to be the best team in the history of AMA Superbike. The GSXR 750/1000
has dominated the last 10 years or so.

i wish someone would beat Yoshi Suzuki. Maybe Yamaha could do it if they raced superbike. apparently the CBR1000, ZX-10, and 999 are incapable of beating the GSXR 1000.
The CBRs were capable until they dropped the HRC rental bikes and tried to do it on their own, hopefully they'll get their sh1t together oneday.

The gixxers aren't that dominate in World Superbike, they started with a good lead this year and the 999s, R1s, and CBR1000s finally got into it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
bobbyp600rr said:
The CBRs were capable until they dropped the HRC rental bikes and tried to do it on their own, hopefully they'll get their sh1t together oneday.

The gixxers aren't that dominate in World Superbike, they started with a good lead this year and the 999s, R1s, and CBR1000s finally got into it.
Well, the rules are totally different in WSB. I think they allow much more modification and they've had the option of traction control for awhile now, whereas AMA SBK just implemented the rule mid-season (very strange if you ask me).

The Ducatis in WSB are VERY fast and capable machines with all the electronics they have in them. Plus, I've been told that the V-Power Shell gas they use has been specifically designed for the team much like the MotoGP team's gas. The VP gas they use for the AMA team isn't very good for the Ducati, which puts them 10 HP below the Suzukis from gas ALONE. Add in the fact that they haven't been able to use the stock traction control from the Ducati ECU puts them at a huge disadvantage in terms of drive and tractability.

American Honda taking over the AMA SBK outfit was a very bad move. Just look at how poorly the newly designed 1000rr is doing. The original Fireblade was a pig of a bike, but HRC made that thing fly and Duhamel almost beat Mladin. That is HRC might for you. Now just look at them....sad.

All in all, I am very happy to see another youngster knock off Mladin just like when Nicky did it back in 01 (or was it 02?). I can definantly see Spies moving up to WSB or GP after his AMA contract is finished. Who knows, maybe Mladin will come back with a vengeance next year....or maybe he will lay down and retire like I've heard...

Great job, Ben!!!!!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
time for Mladin to seek retirement than to endure much more humiliation in the hands of young guns, he may still have what it takes to win but the new generation are fast becoming better riders, he should've quit while he's ahead.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
OveRReV said:
time for Mladin to seek retirement than to endure much more humiliation in the hands of young guns, he may still have what it takes to win but the new generation are fast becoming better riders, he should've quit while he's ahead.
I would not rule Mladin out quite yet. He got beat but he is still talented enough to regain the title. 2007 AMA Superbike ought to be fun to watch....

·
Registered
130 Posts
snikwad said:
call them cavemen? its 2006 not all of us dont have TiVo...

lol jk jk. but i couldn't help but attack your faulty logic :toothy12:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts