Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bend my front rim recently, does anyone know how to repair it? Should I take a hammer and hammer it straight :?: or maybe it's better taking it to a shop? But what kind of shop, and how much am I expected to pay?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
135 bucks....sounds cheaper than buying a new rim! think i'll have to paint (probably spray paint because who pays attention to wheels anyways unless their chromed) it after they fix the bent rim too?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I bent a rim once, way beyond repair though. I dunno I would be so scared of riding on a repaired rim, but I guess it would be ok. I am just a worrier given my previous tire and wheel problems, so I harp over that stuff.

You would likely have to paint, but it all depends. BTW, just how did you bend the rim I am curious?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
formergixxer, you should see some stuff that gets fixed. I believe they do a ND inspection on the wheels. This will garantee how well the wheel was repaired.

I understand the concern though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't know how i bent the front rim...however the rear rim was cracked. Me being inexperienced :???: i layed my bike down taking a sharp turn, and I think the wheels got in contact with the guard rail when it was sliding...but yeah...crashing sucks, buying/looking for parts sucks...luckily I am okay and walking half decenlty ;-) :smile:

·
Registered
243 Posts
If your rim is "bent",have it checked with the Zyglo (magnaflux) process. This will tell you if there are any cracks! If no cracks are present and you attempt to straighten it you must repete the zyglo process to insure it's still OK :!:

____RED RR____
*AFAM rear
*Galfer SS lines
*Motul E-Tech
*Pilot power
*Vinci carbon fiber

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man, try WILL'S RIM REPAIR in Greenville, SC. GMD Computrack referred me to him today. Will quoted me $65 to straighten the wheel and said depending on the severity, he could get it fixed and shipped back out the same day he receives it, up to two days if it's "bad". Don't ask me what he would consider bad. He said take everything off (including tire) but the bearings and send it to him. 864-787-1351

1 - 10 of 10 Posts