Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone who has had their bike taken on a dyno could tell me what the best air/furl ratio at certain RPM is best for power on the 07/08 model?

Perhaps someone whos had their bike tuned could upload an image of their PC AF map so we can see what a/f' numbers the tuner found best at what RPM's.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
A naturally aspirated gasoline engine will produce maximum power with a slightly rich mix.

14.7:1 is Stoichiometric.

To be rich you want to be around 13:1.

Keep in mind too that all fuel will burn differently and may effect your power production.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Also, barometric pressure (elevation) temperature, and humidity will all have an effect of air density causing for a more dense mixture (more air). Or less dense.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
go to the "official dyno thread" OTF?

IIRC you want a/f ratio closer to 13 when full throttle, and you can be slightly leaner (13.?) at partial throttle.

use the search, there is a ton of info OTF about this.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What I was getting to is that for maximum power you want to be rich. BUT, this is very dependent on your setup and location. There is no "best ratio" for everyone, because every ones variables are different. Get a tune done properly for your setup.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
i am tuning my own PC3 for max power & i found that 13.0:1 AFR is best at 80% to WOT, for part throttle operation i try to get 13.2 to 13.5

previous AFR was 14.2-14.4 with the generic map for my exhaust & air filter from dynojet, as you can see it is pretty lean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts