Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might have been discussed already not sure.

In your opinion guys, who's the best manufacture for aftermarket fairings? Im more interested in fitment than looks.

Btw anybody knows where to find the cheapest OEM fairings?

·
Registered
735 Posts
This might have been discussed already not sure.

In your opinion guys, who's the best manufacture for aftermarket fairings? Im more interested in fitment than looks.

Btw anybody knows where to find the cheapest OEM fairings?
To get OEM fairings 'cheap,' you'd have to piece them together individually. As a complete set you'd have to be lucky to get them cheap. just lurk around on the for sale threads...

As far as aftermarket fairings go... check out this thread.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=191045

cbrfairings.com or nicecycle.com

check with either of these two vendors, they both claim excellent fitment and they both come with heat insulation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't want to be their spokesperson because I know there are mixed reviews but I would rate my motofans fairings 9/10. I was very satisfied.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got mine from MotoFans as well, they are pretty dam good. Only took 4 weeks to get to me and I had them do it slightly custom. They don't make lowers for California models so you have to hack em up a bit to make them work.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was a motofans fan, but with 6 months its turning to crap and soon i will need new ones cause im not happy with them.
Turning yellow via the side aire vents next to radiator, cracking everywhere (airvent covers, fuel tank tabs via the seat, rear hugger, lower fairing where the stand is, the bolt hole there broke off) Clear paint lifting front hugger, rear cowl via exhaust tip turning yellow from heat also..

end of the day its a lucky dip, all i can say i would go back but not get white ever again..

FYI Auctamart is motofansclub, same fairings, for those not in the know so 2 diff business names same lot of fairings for issues like above, if your not happy with one company u go to the other not knowing its the same one..

·
Registered
273 Posts
i did no know that motofans and auctmarts were the same company. i will do more re search to find out more about this.

thanks for the intell.

ps my buddy just bought a set from motofans . we had to do alittle work cause the holes for the fairing bolts werent quite big enough. but it was a ten minute job. but they look good on his F4I

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got mine from MotoFans as well, they are pretty dam good. Only took 4 weeks to get to me and I had them do it slightly custom. They don't make lowers for California models so you have to hack em up a bit to make them work.

interesting comment here.. how are ca bikes differet??

i got some from cbrfairings and the lowers do not match up for the rear bolts, not even close..

·
Registered
99 Posts
interesting comment here.. how are ca bikes differet??

i got some from cbrfairings and the lowers do not match up for the rear bolts, not even close..
California bikes have additional emissions equipment at the rear of the bike. I don't think any aftermarket companies make lowers for the Cali model. So the lowers on all other bikes connect at the back, ours have special mounting spots. So you have to drill some holes and cut a bit of the normal ones.

·
Registered
222 Posts
California bikes have additional emissions equipment at the rear of the bike. I don't think any aftermarket companies make lowers for the Cali model. So the lowers on all other bikes connect at the back, ours have special mounting spots. So you have to drill some holes and cut a bit of the normal ones.

uh,, i just zip tied mine.. less work.. i might leave it zip tied.... just make it a bit looser so it not touching... i really dont wanna mess around with the fairings for a long time... that was a chore..

thx for the info

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had bad experiences with nice cycle and I switch to Auctmarts. I am happy with them. In fact I had two orders from them. Their paint job is 8/10 fitment 10/10. cbr600 seems to be the same aftermarkets from China but they are a little more expensive.
Good luck ~

·
Registered
12 Posts
We would like to say that all those aftermarket fairing that you guys got are mainly produced by two manufacturer in China.

You won't have any fitment issue with the CBR600RR Fairing as long as they're made by INJECTION MOLD MACHINE; if you're getting one way cheaper, it might be made by old way called compression mold.

And what matters are really the paint job on the fairing, because the painting work shop are almost everywhere nearby manufacturer.
Try out those who have good reviews is a great option by the way :)

Good luck for that lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts