Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out wanting an A* Carver and now I've talked myself into getting the best of the best leathers. I had my eye set on the Dainese Trickster Evo because I like the idea of stronger, lighter leathers and Dainese fits my body type well. $1500 on Revzilla and I was ready to purchase -- but they don't have my size, so now I'm back to searching.

What are the best kangaroo leathers money can buy? Or at least other options to consider

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha ok, let me narrow it down to the best suit $1400-1800 can buy. I'd do a custom if it is the price range.

Is the kangaroo leather worth it? I see Syed uses cow.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Best suit is the one that fits you the best and provides the most protection.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Best suit is the one that fits you the best and provides the most protection.
Good advice, but it seems OP is well aware of that fact, given he is considering custom.

Kangaroo is lighter and much more abrasion resistant than cowhide, but is more expensive; so yeah if you have the money it's totally worth it.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
If you are not an off-the-rack compatible size, making a compromise of fitment will decrease safety. There is no replacement for trying on a suit in person - you can't know if there will be too much or not enough space without it on your body (preferably with back protector on).

Custom made is both a good idea and can be reasonable in cost, though if you want custom and kangaroo it's going to get pricey. While kangaroo is nicer, they use it mostly so they can make it thinner, so that it doesn't necessarily protect more but is more comfortable to wear. You're not giving up much if you go all cowhide in that regard.

Try to find a local business that deals in custom leathers, it's difficult to get what you want if you have to transfer measurements to a shop and hope for the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts