• Other (post which one and why)

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a search and although there were posts about boots, there were no specific threads declaring the most favorable boots chosen by our 600rr.net members
AND, I cant decide which to go with :banger:

So post your vote choice and why

1. PUMA 1000v2

2. SIDI Vertigo Corsa AIR

3. Alpinestars Supertech R

4. Other (post what other and why)
I've also looked at the Dainese Torque In/Out

For those wondering my type of riding preference... meant for both Track and Street.
They will also be worn with a Dainese 1 piece about 80% of the time.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Supertech R's FTMFW!
I ride em.
Love em.

They are much better for people with wide feet compared to the Puma's and Sidi's

All brands make quality boots it just depends on fit, function, and if you want to walk around like a squeak toy in your Sidi's ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Sidi's and have a larger foot. The fit is very snug, but nothing really to worry about. I'd rather they be snug, than have them slopping around. I don't really think the Alpinestar boots are that attractive, but I can't comment on how they feel comfort wise, I have yet tried a pair on.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Do Sidi's really squeak that much?

I always thought it was the A* smx plus that squeaked...

I think I remember hearing that the smx plus's do squeak somewhere.
And it depends if you want to look like robocop or not in regards to the Sidi's.
And yes everyone that I ride with that has the Sidi's squeaks.
Maybe they just need to lube em ;) ahaha

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
the supertech's are awesome i tried them on the otherday,,, very cumfy, very supportive, very protective... plus the whole inner side of the boot is soft swade material so it won't make up your bike

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
:+1:

unlike the Sidi's where the inside of them looks like it was made to muck up your bike lol.
the supertech's are awesome i tried them on the otherday,,, very cumfy, very supportive, very protective... plus the whole inner side of the boot is soft swade material so it won't make up your bike

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
and the R's are so comfy man...
Ask my old lady.. I get home from a ride and leave them on for hours until shes like.. are you going to take off your boots? lol

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
smx plus squeak alot if not more. i have 2 pairs of smx plus boots. :drunk::crackup:

lol.
Well, if you got 2 pairs, then im guessing the squeaking wasnt that big of a deal then.

Or maybe you like the attention the squeaks get you?:drunk:
That noticeable?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
lol.
Well, if you got 2 pairs, then im guessing the squeaking wasnt that big of a deal then.

Or maybe you like the attention the squeaks get you?:drunk:
That noticeable?
yes the squeaking is that noticeable. people look, but who gives a sh!t...they can all EAD for all i care! :crackup:
long story short...always double/triple/quadruple check that you bring your gear to your trackday.
i went on a 2 week vacation to norcal to visit my family, during that time i bought a spot for a norcal trackday. i realized 2 days before my trackday, i had forgotten my smx plus boots and gp plus gloves. spent a whole day going to different stealerships and cyclegear to find what i needed. found both at a cyclegear by my house...$400.00 later im walking out with new smx plus boots and gp plus gloves. :retard::drunk::crackup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone i have talked to that has the Puma's has not had good things to say so I can;t say much about those , hear lots of good ish about the Sidi's ....Mer personally I am on my second pair of Alpinestar SMXR's ......wore my first pair out , love those things !

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm....... Looks like the Vertigo Corsa's are winning by a long shot! I got the Sidi's BTW, no squeaks.

yea... ppl are voting for them but not really giving a lot of input. AND there's actually more people giving GOOD input on the A*s than there are votes for them...
:ponder: :retard: :drunk:

But definitely most of the population (10 so far lol) is skewed toward the Sidi and the A*s.
Lets see if we get some more votes (AND COMMENTS :ciao:) and see whats preferred.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts