• OTHER: Post your option

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like my Boots thread, we're looking at best overall gloves... meaning higher-end.

Not focusing too much on price since the people looking at these gloves know they want the BEST!

Focus on Protection, comfort, durability, features etc. but keep in mind, a lot of us DO ride on the street so remember that also having "tactile" gloves which allow for a good amount of feel is something favorable also.

Here: are the pics of some of the poll options:

Dainese Full Metal Racer

HELD Phantom

Alpinestars GP Pro (not posting the GP Tech as I've heard they are focused for "track-only" and are not comfortable nor have a good feel. If someone has them or has used them please post and provide info on them.)

RS Taichi GP-EVO

If you prefer or use a glove not mentioned, please post it and provide details on your experience with them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've tried on the A* GP pro gloves and they are hands down the best fitting gloves for my hands. The Dainese (not sure if they were the "exact" same model) did not fit nearly as well, which was rather disappointing.

A close second to the A* would have to be the Spidi penta gloves. I think that they are slightly cheaper than the A* as well.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T3fAtOWfTU

For me the gloves have to be comfortable and fit well. I insist on the longer gauntlet style of glove to protect the wrist. It should have good ventilation as well as good impact protection for the entire hand, not only the knuckles.

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
Dainese Full Metal Racer Leather Gloves
HELD Phantom Gloves
Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves
RS Taichi GP-EVO Racing Gloves

I've worn GP Pro, GP Tech, GP-Evo and the Full Metal.

A* GP Tech and Pro fits the same IMO. Comfort is actually not bad for a guantlet glove.
I have a pair of "shorter" moto style glove and a 3/4 SPX glove and I hardly ever wear them any more since I've bought the GP Tech.

While the Dainese and RST gloves are made nicely, they not as comfortable on me. Dainese, which I tried on an XL(wear L in A* gloves) was still extremely tight to where it was uncomfortable. Looked for a XXL but couldn't find one to try on.

The RST was basically the same.
I figured that the Dainese and RST would fit better since my hands are somewhat long/skinny but that wasn't the case.

Love to try on a pair of Held Phantoms if I had the chance.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Held Phantoms/Titans are bar none is the best glove out there.

I have a pair of GP Techs and use them for occasional street use and I have no problems w/them. They are the mythical A* gloves that haven't fallen apart by themselves or after two lowside crashes. I personally don't trust any A* glove currently made but only time will tell if they've improved on their quality.

My next set of gloves will be Helds or the Taichis.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
You guys really need to try on the new GP Evo's...

I love seeing peoples reactions when they first try them on. They are seriously the BEST most comfortable glove I have ever worn.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys really need to try on the new GP Evo's...

I love seeing peoples reactions when they first try them on. They are seriously the BEST most comfortable glove I have ever worn.

would you say even more so than the Held Phantoms?

From what I've heard from people, the HELD's are like having the Care Bears hug your hands while you ride type of soft lol.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ and thats why we have this thread, to find out if Hand Hugging Care Bears are included in these high end gloves. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
^ LMAO "The Wizard" I remember that movie

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diego, how would you compare the "feel" between the GP pros and the GP-EVOs.

A comfortable glove is great, but do the EVOs have a good "tactile" feel to them.

I love gloves that provide a lot of feel. Not a fan of the ones that feel like you're wearing ski-gloves.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
grrr... personally, I cant decide.
Hopefully I can try some on this week.

I really do like all four of these gloves.
I love the styling of the Full Metals but im not sure if the rigidity of the knuckles can make them uncomfortable.
Not too much of a fan of the EVOs styling but I know the RST is top notch.
Similar with the HELDs, the styling is somewhat bland (not a bad thing) but I know they're very durable and comfortable.
I like the styling of the GP-PROs but I've heard mixed stories about their durability over time or during/after a crash.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
grrr... personally, I cant decide.
Hopefully I can try some on this week.

I really do like all four of these gloves.
I love the styling of the Full Metals but im not sure if the rigidity of the knuckles can make them uncomfortable.
Not too much of a fan of the EVOs styling but I know the RST is top notch.
Similar with the HELDs, the styling is somewhat bland (not a bad thing) but I know they're very durable and comfortable.
I like the styling of the GP-PROs but I've heard mixed stories about their durability over time or during/after a crash.

Just don't crash, or if you do tuck your hands into your body and roll er outtttt!! :)

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just don't crash, or if you do tuck your hands into your body and roll er outtttt!! :)

well, I dont think I'll be able to avoid the "superman" reflex. When I've fallen I've usually put my hands out unwillingly.
and with my new "Yeti" 1 piece coming in soon, i think I will keep putting my hands out rather than flopping around ruining my Yeti suit. :crackup:

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Diego, how would you compare the "feel" between the GP pros and the GP-EVOs.

A comfortable glove is great, but do the EVOs have a good "tactile" feel to them.

I love gloves that provide a lot of feel. Not a fan of the ones that feel like you're wearing ski-gloves.
I'm glad you asked. This is precisely why I like the GP Evo's so much. They have kangaroo leather on the palms, which as you know is not only stronger, but lighter, this enables you to have a lot of feeling in your hands. The gloves feel very light and flexible and breathe really well. It really is a great sensation when you first put them on. I like making people try them to see their reactions.

The GP Pros are also nice gloves, they just feel more rigid and dont have as much "feel" as the Evo's do.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE
Yesterday I went to a shop in Philly to check out their gear and managed to try on the Full metals, the GP pros, GP Techs, and another which was recommended by the Rev'It Rep. who happened to be doing a photo shoot at the store.
(I also tried ona bunch of boots. check out the Boot poll thread for the info update)

Dainese Full Metal Racer: Just from looking at the gloves you can see the craftsmanship and ingenuity put into them. They look like very THICK and heavy gloves, but they really are not. They felt thinner than they looked and were definitely lighter than they looked. When I tried them on, my initial fear of the Titanium knuckle covers being too rgid was somewhat confirmed. It IS after all titanium, and has no give. I think the only issue with having it that it may have been just a tad too wide and and when making a very tight fist I could feel the leather tugging on them. I cant say it was bad because when keeping the hand closed in a "handlebar" position they were not that constrictive. They were actually pretty comfortable. The oly thing that bugged me about these gloves was that the pinky finger was a lil too long. (I think another member who had these also mentioned it). But I doubt when riding it would get in the way.

GP PROs and Tech: I'll keep the reviews of both in one because they both felt very very similar. The big difference was that the techs had a slightly more "protective" feel to them. Unlike what I had heard about them, they were actually pretty comfortble. enough to be able to use them for the street comfortable. The GP Pro were definitely more "streetable" than the techs with a slightly more comfortable feel and somewhat wider range of movement. When I tried the Pros, they felt snug and almost like I could forget about them being on while riding. The ONE thing that I didnt like about them was that even new pairs had a bit of a "rough" or "worn" type of look to them. I cant really explain it but I think It might have to do with the outer seems on the fingers or something. Other than that, they seemed like very good gloves.

The 4th pair I tried were the REV'IT GT Corse Race Gloves.
Here is a link to the shop's site with the gloves
http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-gt-corse-gloves

These cloves I did not like the fit to them. Remember, this was how they fit ME, so itmay be different for other people's hands. To me they felt like they had a constant "tightness" to them near the knuckles and finger areas. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it could have been but after trying different sizes with the same outcome I gave up and put them back on the rack. I DID like the look of them and they definitely appeared to be very well constructed and being able to provide plenty of protection.

I wanna thank everyone there at Revzilla for taking their time, their knowledge and being patient as I tried on all their gear. Their prices arent too bad and since they're in my area I'll definitelly consider them in future purchases.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts