Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cool new mods toy- http://www.webbikeworld.com/sale/posi-locks-for-sale.htm

scroll to bottom for video and direct link specifically about the taps..

i bought these. gonna use them to tap into an existing line for an ignition-hot power source. but uh.. wheres the best place to do that, from you ppl who have already done some digging around in there?

i bought these too- http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/waterproof-motorcycle-usb-port

gonna use those to plug my phone into, mounting it and plugging it in i just dont wanna have to run that straight to the battery. not like id ever leave my phone just sitting there on my bike BUT its at least possible that i might leave it there for short periods in a friends driveway or something so i dunno, wanting ignition-hot power rather than constant-hot just on general principle.

ideas?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have the same USB port thing, just tap that to your tail light, and everytime you turn on the bike, it will power the usb.

I put the usb port itself under my seat, and run a usb > micro usb up to the handlebars

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. not sure itll reach back there.

forgot, this is for 2 bikes but basically same thing.. 2009 and a 2011, im sure the harnesses are slightly different than the earlier models.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just extend the wire then to reach the tail light wires.

iunno, that was the quickest fix for me, and works perfectly.

personally I dont see a point in mounting the usb port somewhere semi external.
Im only ever gonna run my phone dock micro usb

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess ill tap into something right around the front, not sure i wanna mess with the wires going to the headlights though. might be taking a chance not enough power getting to the headlights? thatd suck.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for clarification... not the headlight wire. The ignition wire.
haha yeah im clear, just gotta stop posting when im tired. might punk out and go straight to the battery. after all, if that wire i ordered isnt long enough, the cable that plugs into the phone has some length on it also so between the two, should be more than enough. we'll see. when its all done, ill post up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.