Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
battery died and I'd like to get a Yuasa replacement for my 09'. Where can I get a good price for one, and what do I need for the replacement? Fit kit, etc?
Thank u

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy one of the generic brands online for $30-40 shipped (ebay etc).

I've bought batteries online to save money vs buying in the store which costs 3-4x more. Should last just as long if properly maintained.

Unless you really need a battery right away so you can ride, then by all means buy one at the bike shop if you can afford it. Last time I bought a battery it cost me like $90 IIRC.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
12 cell lithium. It's not about the weight, it's the capacity and the fact that it only loses 1% of its charge a year (not including parasitic draw).

·
Registered
966 Posts
Interstate motorcycles batterys are re-branded yuasa. Its as cheap as your gonna get for an oem battery.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Forget the generic crap some are advocating, get the Yuasa... I don't own one so I cannot speak from experience. But you get what you pay for, more expensive battery will be more reliable and last longer. I used to buy the cheapest of everything, now I realized that is actually MORE expensive than just buying a good product once opposed a **** one every year...

Just my .02

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why not buy the best battery for the price? Lithium batteries generally don't need a tender and cut 5 lbs. off the weight...
My $.02 supports cbrkat28 - for less money you can get an EVO2 4 cell battery (http://hardracing.com/BallisticLightweightMotorcycleBatteries.htm). It's plenty of battery - I've never had a problem. But make sure to note that in cold weather you need to crank it a few times to get the battery to make power - just because it won't turn over on the first crank does not mean the battery is dead!

And you save like 9-11 pounds!

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are interested in a used battery, I've got a Yuasa YTZ10S from the 09 CBR I'm parting out. Its the second battery in the bike, but I'm not sure when I bought it - some time after Jan 2013. It was working fine a couple of months ago. Let me know if you have any interest and I'll put it on the charger and see if it still holds a charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts