Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

where are some of the best store in LA or around LA to get moto gears such as gloves, 1piece suit, back protector.....

Price matter but I'm mostly looking for diversity of brands.

thanks,

Blarf

·
Registered
774 Posts
Only ones i know are Bert's Mega Mall (Covina), Temple City powersports (temple city....) and cycle gear (a few here and there). Safest i would say Cycle Gear. Temple City has gotten bad reviews and they tend to slack on a few things (rumors by others, i never had any problems with anything) and Bert's (Not the most helpful staff, but great products)

·
Registered
74 Posts
There isn't anyone that will stock any race ready equipment really. I used to frequent Berts, but they have cut down selection to their usual consumer which is looking for mostly Icon gear etc. I will still say though that they have a decent amount of Alpinestars and Dainese gear to check out, along with tons of helmets and OEM parts etc. So I would say start with Berts, then try Del Amo Motosports which is off the 405.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Bert's Mega Mall will have the most variety and selection of quality gear - they stock a lot of Alpinestars and Dainese. However, everything is priced MSRP and they usually don't budge with pricing. I've always gone there to try stuff on and then buy online.

There's also an official Dainese store in Costa Mesa. Extreme Supply in Long Beach has a lot of helmets and gloves in stock. Temple City Power Sports' gear shop is the size of my apartment - it's not that big.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bert's Mega Mall will have the most variety and selection of quality gear - they stock a lot of Alpinestars and Dainese. However, everything is priced MSRP and they usually don't budge with pricing. I've always gone there to try stuff on and then buy online.

There's also an official Dainese store in Costa Mesa. Extreme Supply in Long Beach has a lot of helmets and gloves in stock. Temple City Power Sports' gear shop is the size of my apartment - it's not that big.

I think that's what I'll do, try stuff out and then buy online.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Bert's Mega Mall. Customer service is mediocre, if you want good service from an outstanding salesman ask for Sean (tall skinny buzz cut red head). Knows his stuff really well, has great input and does not try to upsell you. Berts is a mile away from where I live, it's my go-to spot! Also, lots of eye candy ranging from boats, jet ski's, street bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, quads, ect. It's a great place to visit for the sake of visiting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts