Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Your opinion on the Best StreetFighter Headlight? I am looking to get one cause I am too cheap to get a new nose fairing and am sick of looking at my busted up headlights Zip-Tied to the front of my bike...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I rebuilt/customized my buddy's Banditt 1200 a few years ago and I found that the best "bang for the buck" was actually a Buell XB headlight unit. It retails for $75-ish from a HD dealer. I couldn't believe how afforadable it was. The guy quoted me the price over the phone and I was in shock because I thought that there wasn't anything at a Harley dealer for less than $100...

Here is what it looks like on the Bandit 1200 I rebuilt/customized. It also has a Buell XB windscreen (in carbon):

·
Registered
24 Posts
is that a gsxr tail
Nope, it's an R1 subframe, seat and rear cowl. The OEM Bandit has a steel (welded on) subframe. The whole process started because he wrecked it and it bent the subframe so I cut it off and mounted tabs, and fabbed up the R1 tail. It also has GSXR1100 upside down forks. It was a fun project. Here are some pics...

wrecked pics:

reconstruction:

powder coating:

finished:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts