Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get new tires and I would like to know when the best time of year for buying new tires is. The reason I ask is because I recall last spring I saw a few posts about $50 rebates and such deals. Is it typically cheaper to buy tires in the spring?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can't tell if there is a best time of the year, but fwiw Dunlop had a promotion in March/April this year, perhaps even more than $50.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spring. 4-wheeled vehicles just rotate sales on Winter and Summer tires throughout the year. Most people get their bikes out in the Spring, so that usually prompts the sales. Most people don't buy tires prior to packing their bike away for the winter, so motorcycle tire sales skyrocket when the season begins.
Revzilla is a good place to look.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm looking to get new tires and I would like to know when the best time of year for buying new tires is. The reason I ask is because I recall last spring I saw a few posts about $50 rebates and such deals. Is it typically cheaper to buy tires in the spring?
If you call up Dunlop's Corporate Motorcycle department and speak with one of the guys in charge, they may be able to mail you in a rebate form to fill out and send back with your receipt of purchase (if available). I found this out when I was inquiring on replacement tires due to a flat I encountered, and the guy offered to mail me out a $50 rebate ($25 per tire). It came in as a prepaid gift card.

* http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/forms/contact/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts