Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a new set of Dunlop Q2's. Im maintaing the stock size for both front and rear. My question to you all is where have you found the best pricing to be at? Im looking for a front and rear package.
Best ive found is $245 shipped for the set.

Also what do you guys think it will run me to have these mounted, and balanced?

thanks

-Scott

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Sportbike track gear usually has good prices on tires. I would say another $50-80 to have mounted and balanced. If possible take tires off urself, it will be alot cheaper...

·
Registered
685 Posts
i havent looked recently but that was the best price i found also, they used to be 220ish shipped, but not anymore for various reasons.

as for mounting and balancing, all you have to do is call 3 shops in your area on a tues afternoon and all 3 prices will be similar. then you go on meetup.com and check out the forum sections of a couple bike related groups in your area, theres always some guy who charges [whatever] to mount/balance tires for ppl in his garage/shop/attic/whatever.

same deal here, theres a guy in the big san diego meetup group and the temecula group who actually lives near escondido, huge house and garage and has full equipment in his shop. ship tires to his place, show up, shoot the sh*t for a while, hand him some cash, roll out on new rubber, get on with life. easy peazy.

your choices are the bridgestone s20s, dunlop Q2s, or bridgestone bt003rs, thats it. anything else is gonna be in a different price range.. those pirellis are pretty awesome though. michelin sucks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i havent looked recently but that was the best price i found also, they used to be 220ish shipped, but not anymore for various reasons.

as for mounting and balancing, all you have to do is call 3 shops in your area on a tues afternoon and all 3 prices will be similar. then you go on meetup.com and check out the forum sections of a couple bike related groups in your area, theres always some guy who charges [whatever] to mount/balance tires for ppl in his garage/shop/attic/whatever.

same deal here, theres a guy in the big san diego meetup group and the temecula group who actually lives near escondido, huge house and garage and has full equipment in his shop. ship tires to his place, show up, shoot the sh*t for a while, hand him some cash, roll out on new rubber, get on with life. easy peazy.

your choices are the bridgestone s20s, dunlop Q2s, or bridgestone bt003rs, thats it. anything else is gonna be in a different price range.. those pirellis are pretty awesome though. michelin sucks.
hey do you have more info on this guy? i actually live in san diego and i need a new rear tire for my bike.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I recently picked up a new set of Michelin pilot powers recently. After finding the best price online I called a couple of local shops and actually found a better price locally. I think people sometimes overlook their local shops assuming the internet is always cheaper.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Check out bikebandit.com

Every month or so they have a "tire tuesday," in which most of their tires are fairly cheap. Right now they have the Q2s on sale, but if you can wait until tire tuesday, you may be able to get them cheaper.

Just subscribe to their e-mail list and you'll get all of their promotions and whatnot.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
sport bike track gear or a race track norm gives the best prices on dunlops and at the race track the tire mount normally comes in the cost of the tire too, but if you have a tire changer thats the best way to go....mine has already paid for its self this year when split between 4 ppl

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
look up and find the cheapest price you can, then take that price and the website and go to your local honda dealer and ask them to match that price. 99% they will. I paid 109 for my front tire and 170 for my rear tire. Both michilin pilot power 2cts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
motorcycle superstore was the cheapest when I ordered mine. Locally was like 125 bucks more. mount and balance around here is about 30-35/tire if they are off the bike.

·
Registered
341 Posts
...michelin sucks.
Really? In what sense? Is there a specific model you're referring to or just a general statement? Just had Power Pures installed and I'm loving them. Great traction dry and especially wet. Great tire for aggressive commuting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts