Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read and searched alot and seen many post on here that are kinda old, but i wanted to know the best way to clean your bike ... take fairings off and use water? heard that sworn by some people... what is the best wax / polish to use? soap? how about that Mr.Clean magic dry stuff that u clean your CAR and spray it on, no need to dry, does that work well for bikes?

i have some Miguiers wax and thats about it...some car polish but would it work the same on a bike?

post what you use for :

WAX
POLISH
CLEANER
then if u want
TECHNIQUES

ill be :icon_stud ur responses

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
but seriously...

that mr.clean magic dry kit works wonders and its quick... its what I always use for washes... but instead of just letting it dry, i whip out the leaf blower and I dry it quicker (especially in spring when there's a lot of pollen so it wont stick).
after washing it, it gets a nice wax (i have the full ICE kit/ but i'll use miguires if available)

between washes, if its only dust on the bike, i'll use the ICE detailer and polish and make it shiny again.

I've been doing this since day one and almost every time I ride I get compliments not only on the bike but on how clean and shiny it is.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i guess ill buy that Mr.Clean spraying stuff that doesnt leave water marks, i heard its not good to use polish between cleanings because it just microscopicly removes paint and if you use it too much your paint will just keep getting thinner?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mcguiers Spray Detailer for almost everything, and Westley's Bleach White on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Soap and water for the fairings.... then, well, wax maybe? LOL its not rocket science. As long as you dry after you wash you won't get water spots. And then do the wheels....everything! Make an afternoon out of it. Take your time and it will show.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i bought mcguiers in between wax spray, polish and another thing of wax, just waxed my bike and it looks great, came like a black mirror.. used a microfiber sponge for wax on and a rag for wax off.. i still see dust and strings of like fuzz on the paint tho cant get it off. but normal deviation i thought it was bad to just dry with a rag because it will cause rust?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i bought mcguiers in between wax spray, polish and another thing of wax, just waxed my bike and it looks great, came like a black mirror.. used a microfiber sponge for wax on and a rag for wax off.. i still see dust and strings of like fuzz on the paint tho cant get it off. but normal deviation i thought it was bad to just dry with a rag because it will cause rust?
not sure what you mean by "bad to just dry with a rag because it will cause rust?" Maybe I was unclear. When I said dry after you wash, I didn't specify "rag". I use a synthetic chamois to dry so I don't get water spots. (you've got bigger problems than a dirty bike if your plastics are rusting :icon_lol:)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^ wtf is a synthetic chamois?? but i was talking about if u get water in the cranies of your bike that u cant get out with a bike it will rust ( ive heard this, not the plastic but the metal parts )

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
^^^ wtf is a synthetic chamois?? but i was talking about if u get water in the cranies of your bike that u cant get out with a bike it will rust ( ive heard this, not the plastic but the metal parts )
An improved composite sheet material product having the appearance, drape, hand and water absorption and retention characteristics of natural chamois.

Its a special cloth used for its super absorbancy. Dude, seriously..... your bike is mostly made of aluminum. Its not gonna rust. LOL :all_cohol

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If your really that worried about your bike rusting, go buy fricken SHAMWOW !!!!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
honda wash to wash her butt
Terry cloth to wash her
toothbursh to get in small tight places
dry with Absorbent rag thing you get at auto parts store
Honda Polish FTW.
Honda Polish for the wheels (removes grease easily)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts