Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few buddies were riding the other day. Stopped to fuel up, and as we were leaving, all 4 bikes died in the lot. Found out they had 13 gallons of water in their premium gas tank. We drained our tanks, added heet + new gas. My cbr (fuel injected) will run, but throttle is super unresponsive and laggy. Plus idle is choppy. Any advice for fixing this?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't know if it's the best way, but first thing I would do is rock it out with some SeaFoam in that piece.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
As above SeaFoam and/or specific fuel dryer should work......

Where'd you buy the gas?

Specifics are always welcome on stuff like this!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Had some problems in Mexico with this a while ago....

FWIW, My sympathies, I'm careful to not buy gas at dodgy places, if at all possible...you no doubt understand!

That said, these bikes will only go for about 125 miles on a brimmed tank, sometimes you can get into a "got no other choice" zone pretty easily.

PS I've learned OTF not to run gas tank level below 2-3 bars, the pump can o'heat when tank is low......I've always refilled at that level. But this maybe is BS?

·
Registered
119 Posts
As long as your bike is running just run it until the diluted stuff is out of the system. No need to do anything special.

Even after draining the tank there's still a fair bit of gas in the pump and the lines to the injectors.

Once you can get combustion it's just a matter of time before your system is full of the pure stuff again.

Local mechanic told me to spray brake cleaner into the fuel line when I have them disconnected as this displaces the water and then evaporates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Would avoid sea foam... I would personally flush the system the use some high octane fuel or race fuel and a bottle of octane booster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts