Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well gave the dealership a call today they totaled 4300 for every part and labor is 800 so its like 3500 for parts. Most of it is body work(cowls etc..) im gonna get the list this week to see what parts they are but anyway, most likely the insurance company is gonna give me that much on a check. Dealership said it would take less than 30 days, i figured if i do it all my self, body work and what not ill have the parts in a week or two and take about a weekend to install everything, what do you all think i should do? where can i get cheap 07 parts like upper cowling, lower, tail etc..

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
pick up some race fairings and cut out the headlight holes yourself.

and i saw a set of red fairings (complete set) on ebay for 1400. also
a black complete set for like 15-1600. use the search mang! youll
benefit from it. dealerships will rape you and leave you for dead.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Honestly, take a step back an realize this is your new bike. Fix it to new like it deserves. Check out the full list of repairs and parts to determine if you can do it or not. If some shyt looks too hard or most of the bike has to come apart and you don't have the tools or trust if a buddy can do as good a job as the dealer....at that point have LB MotorSports fix it. Your insurance is paying to fix the bike, but don't get greedy with pocketing part of that money to the point where you skimp on the bike getting fixed properly. If it were my new bike and it were fuxored beyond plastics...the dealer would fix it. You get a warranty on the work that way too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i figured anything that had to do beyond body work, id have the dealership do it. But i have been thinking about race fairings and i hate paul for that, those oem parts are expensive, i for one dont have alot of money and lb moto said it would take under 30 days buit damn thats a long asss time

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Under 30 days to get the insurance to pay up and then for them to fix it....isn't all that bad. They have a busy service department. The OEM fairings are expensive because they are color matched and are factory spec. fairing.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
whats the difference between the race fairings and the oem fairings and what good companies have race fairings
Race plastics are not street legal in stock form. They don't have holes for lights and mirrors. You could cut that stuff out yourself and get a sweet paint job for cheaper than factory plastics. Hotbodies makes great race plastics. There are companies that make street bodywork too that is all street legal but I don't know if any companies are making that stuff for the 07 yet. I'm sure there are some people that know more about it on here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts